MPC shipped eggs? anyone with experience?

rufflemyfeather

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Lewisberry, PA
Anyone with experience ordering eggs from my pet chicken? did they arrive in good condition? anyone order the cream legbar eggs this year?

I've ordered 6 cream legbar eggs from My pet chicken to be shipped this week. just called and they haven't shipped yet! Im so impatient. they said they ship every day including saturday. nervous enough incubating these eggs and now they might sit over the weekend.

I'd give it a little more time. It's amazing the difference just one day makes. Hopefully you'll see more veins in the others soon. By day 7 you should definately be seeing veins.

Yay. I get nervous everytime, too. I personally think it's rare to have a bad egg problem. Most of the time people get good eggs.

I really hope you don't have the same problem I did. If your eggs ship from Arkansas then they're from Gabbard Farms. I really wish MPC would tell people before they buy that the eggs come from Gabbard, because they have a really bad reputation. You can read my post on "MPC/Gabbard Farms BEWARE!". Not to say that you will have the same problem, but a lot of us have gotten true infertile eggs from the rare breeds, and no one responds to my emails. Just know that if your eggs don't do good, it's not your fault.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...bard-farms-hatching-eggs-beware#post_10511412

I just received my eggs this morning. I called on friday and for some reason my name wan't on the breeders list. They shipped them on saturday and sent 12 eggs instead of 6. they are in excellent condition. 10/12 eggs with air cells intact! 1 egg is HUGH and heavy. thinking its probably a double yolker but I'm incubating it anyway. I paid way too much for these eggs to toss it.

Since your eggs are in good condition it sounds like they'll do good. I hope you're blessed with a good hatch. Hopefully since they're a different breed than what I got (and the marans which I hear are bad) then you'll have a good hatch.

Good luck with your hatching I really wanted to order some of these but they were way too much I did find some an eBay and only had one out of six develop but my incubator overheated the last two days and it didn't make.

I really hope you don't have the same problem I did. If your eggs ship from Arkansas then they're from Gabbard Farms. I really wish MPC would tell people before they buy that the eggs come from Gabbard, because they have a really bad reputation. You can read my post on "MPC/Gabbard Farms BEWARE!". Not to say that you will have the same problem, but a lot of us have gotten true infertile eggs from the rare breeds, and no one responds to my emails. Just know that if your eggs don't do good, it's not your fault.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...bard-farms-hatching-eggs-beware#post_10511412
mine are from North Carolina.

I just received my eggs this morning. I called on friday and for some reason my name wan't on the breeders list. They shipped them on saturday and sent 12 eggs instead of 6. they are in excellent condition. 10/12 eggs with air cells intact! 1 egg is HUGH and heavy. thinking its probably a double yolker but I'm incubating it anyway. I paid way too much for these eggs to toss it. 
keep us updated! Especially the double yolker

Back
Top Bottom