~*Mr. Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ The Winners Are Anoinced!!!

Quote:
pop.gif
I've def. picked my favorite so far, but we want everyone to have a chance.

This is Spike! He's a Tolbunt Polish, and is 6 months old. He should be Mr. Chicken 2010, as he's a very rare, unique, and friendly cockerel who also knows just how to charm both people and the lady hens with his gorgeous plumage and sweet nature!

5150496194_93250c0f75_z.jpg

5150495722_329e5999b5_z.jpg

5209876492_6aea6b793b_z.jpg

This is Chicago, A white Cochin Bantam, Turning 4 In January I believe.
He Should Be Mr Chicken for alot of reasons. First of he is the nicest male I have ever had. He is nice around children, myself and elders. He watches his flock and would die for his flock. He is smart and always gets his hens home for dark
smile.png
Also he is a farther to 63 chickens, and most of his children turn out to be girls. I think he represents his breed well, and is what everyone looks for in a chicken. Not to mention he is just gorgeous :)

38859_100_3749.jpg

38859_100_26102.jpg

100_3752-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is Clyde. He is one of three chickens kept by me at the school where I teach.

Having agreed to purchase a Barnevelder hen, I sent one of my assistants to collect her. This is what he came back with - and it quickly became apparent that Bonnie was, in fact, a Clyde! He was hatched back in April, I believe.

It was agreed that we could keep him, on condition that if any neighbours complained, he would have to go back to the environmental center/children's farm, where, I'm afraid, he was destined for the pot!

He should win the Mr Chicken competition because he is such a sweet character - calm, and happy to be cuddled by our students - all of them with moderate learning difficulties. He's not too demanding of his girlies - and is happy to travel to and from my home at weekends, 'chatting' to me all the way. Today, we left a little early, and we paid a visit to a local old folks home, where I have a friend who is 99 years old. She was delighted to be able to give Clyde a cuddle [she used to keep chickens herself, during the war]. This lady has been in residential care for the last few years, yet still writes a daily diary. She was very excited that she would have something interesting to write for today's entry. I had to smile. The carers hadn't seen me sneak him in - and I can imagine their surprise if they read in her diary that she'd been stroking a large black ............. well, i'm sure you know what I mean. LOL! They'd probably think she'd gone bonkers!

Anyway, here he is - I hope you like him.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom