~*Mr. Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ The Winners Are Anoinced!!!

Hello, This is my lil un-named roo.
He is about 4-5 months old,
and he is a Silkie chicken.
he hasnt started his crowing yet. (i think he thinks he is a hen)
smile.png
Which would be fine by me if he'd give me eggs, but that wont happen LOL
I got him from a nice lady in wisconsin, and he is Quite the Gentleman, he is what ever women would want. he listens to the girls, lets em wander off with out him having to breath down their backs lol, and makes sure they are protected with out him being possesive Lol. He is a Sweet heart.
I think he should win becouse he is SUCH a gentleman without him even knowing it or even being cocky about it, he LOVES to be handled whether by kids, adults, or his girls XD His truly is the sweet gentleman silkie Dad temperment.

69549_roo_bathed_with_farm_name.jpg

Here he is standing watch while letting the girls go wander off for girl time Lol
69549_dscf1091.jpg

And here is his Cutsie lil feetie LOL i love his lil feet
69549_einstien_feet_w_fname.jpg

i was gonna post a pic of him in the bath but couldnt locate the pic. maybe ill post one late just for giggles. Lol he looks pathetic.
Thanks for allowing him the chance to enter a competition!
smile.png

Name: Skipper
Breed: Serama
Reason Why Skipper Should Be Mr.Chicken 2010: Skipper was one the original Serama here at Daisy Seramas. From the first day he came, he has been great! Skipper is everything and more that I wanted to have in a rooster. He is...
1: Sweet- He is always the first one to come running out the coop to my feet looking up at me. He is always there each morning and evening inside my jacket snoozing while I do chores. He also loves to find the yummiest treats to find his ladies and let them eat before he does.
2: Protective- Although he is small, Skipper will try to fend off anything to protect his ladies. Even if in the storm, he takes his girls inside the house, and bravely he sets out to scare away...the dog. As Skipper gives it the stink eye and does a little war call, the dog goes running back to the woods. Then Skipper lets out a mighty squeak of victory and lets his ladies know it is safe. teehee
3: A Good Dad: Skipper sat with his girl Doodle for many of the days while she was sitting on eggs. When hatch day finally came, he was there to take over the mama duties when Doodle needed to rest for a bit. And apparently he is doing something right since we have had 100% fertility with our chicks from him so far. hehe
4: A Show Bird: Skipper is a showy little guy. He loves to strut around the pen puffing his little chest out and holding his tail high. He loves to be oooed and ahhhed over.
5: Calm: Whether it be taking pictures with small children or being held by people who are scared of chickens, he is calm enough where we get the perfect photo and we get the non-chicken people, addicted to well...chickens!

Overall Skipper is a lovely candidate for Mr.Chicken 2010. He has the looks and the personality.
smile.png

CatsandTrio077.jpg

CatsandTrio049.jpg

Skipper4.jpg

^ At 4 months old

name:Rosco
breed: barred rock
68182_roo1.jpg

68182_roo2.jpg

68182_chickens_032.jpg

why: he is the most docile bird ever. he will perch in my lap when i am feeding the hens treats.he is protective of tis hens.

This is my beautiful cockerel Ryan, he is a cream legbar mix and around 1year old.
Why he should be Mr chicken 2010: Because he is very gentle and always on the look out for preditors or anything that may hurt his girls or chicks, i thought i would have some trouble with him getting on with my two young roo's who have grown to double the size of him but he keeps everybody in line and makes sure everyone knows he the top man. He is the perfect cockerel and will be staying with me until his end.

roxysbabies036.jpg

petsinportugal011.jpg

petsinportugal005-1.jpg

Rooster's name: Grabber (Grabber Orange)
Roosters breed: Buff Orpington
Rooster's age: 8 months
I think Grabber should be Mr. Chicken 2010 because he's handsome, makes beautiful babies, and is sweet. He likes to perch on my leg when I'm sitting to get petted, probably hoping I have a treat for him. He's good with my kids and...well...just look at that fluffy butt!!

53596_dsc00122.jpg

53596_dsc00123.jpg

53596_dsc00124.jpg

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom