~*Mr. Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ The Winners Are Anoinced!!!

I have Col. Sanders kids in the incubator. They would be sooooo proud if their dad was "MR. CHICKEN 2010"
wink.png
(hint, hint)

Quote:
aww come on, you should let that last one count. It wouldn't hurt anything, would it?
wink.png

Morgan's_Silkie_Parade :

Quote:
Dorklinngs arent the only breed with 5 toes.... silkies have five toes as well. its not uncommon for some breeds to have 5 toes.

It is not spelled "Dorklinngs", the correct term is "Dorking". And yes, Silver/Grey Dorkings are the only breed to have 5 toes and be rare/endangered from the Roman Empire Era. Other breeds that have 5 toes are from genetic mishaps or breeding factors. Dorkings were all born genetically this way, and are first recorded in the Roman Era.

The Faverolles are a French breed, therefore of the Continental classification. Bred in the 1850s of composite blood from the Houdon, Brahma, Crêve-Cour, Dorking and common fowl of the area. Some references have been made to the CouCoo and Cochin being used in addition.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Dorklinngs arent the only breed with 5 toes.... silkies have five toes as well. its not uncommon for some breeds to have 5 toes.

It is not spelled "Dorklinngs", the correct term is "Dorking". And yes, Silver/Grey Dorkings are the only breed to have 5 toes and be rare/endangered from the Roman Empire Era. Other breeds that have 5 toes are from genetic mishaps or breeding factors. Dorkings were all born genetically this way, and are first recorded in the Roman Era.

The Faverolles are a French breed, therefore of the Continental classification. Bred in the 1850s of composite blood from the Houdon, Brahma, Crêve-Cour, Dorking and common fowl of the area. Some references have been made to the CouCoo and Cochin being used in addition.

Sorry. I misspelled. Not everyone here is perfect.
I know it is "dorking" so i misspelled. its human nature.
And just becouse a chicken breed was created CENTURIES after a "possible" genetic mutation. You can not Judge a chicken breed because of Something that may or may Not of been in the past.
there are NO perfect records from that far back and Many times it is Unknown how a breed that old began.
And Yes, Silkies to are a very special breed with their,
Extra toe (however it may of gotten there)
Black skin
blue meat
the famous feathers, (missing Barbs in feathers)
and a more recent discovery about how Silkies and Cochins have now been found to have an Extra WING digit, as well as thier toes, before hatching, but some retain it after hatch.

http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/ExtraWingDigit/ExtraWingDigit.html#Footnote1

Back
Top Bottom