Mr. Fox making his rounds!

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
I was sitting in the kitchen when I noticed our 3 outside cats staring intently toward the back fence. I looked to see what they were looking at, and our resident red fox was making the rounds. Sis was at the grocery store, she drove up 5 minutes later and said she heard awful cat screeching. He must have got another of the ferals around here, power to him if that's all he takes!
Looked out the front and fox tracks 5 feet from the porch. I know he got my little wild hen that would not stay in the yard with the dog. Glad all my birdies are shut up. Tomorrow is supposed to be deadly cold!!

Got a game can for Christmas, once I get it set up I hope to get some good pics right off our front porch. :)

Last edited:
I
2665.png
game cams!

Game cams rock, you are gonna be suprised what lurks around when you are sleeping or away from site. i set mine up a few times a year just to see who is here , meaning the resident critters, i enjoy spying on them.

What happens when you make your territory around here.. the fox comes and makes right on your spot LOL

To catch a theif

Is that spotted cat a bobcat?

I didn't have a game cam when we we lived in Nebraska but I know we had a resident mountain lion. We spotted him before we ever got a dog exploring the pole barn. We were getting ready on a snowy cold day to go take care of the birdies. Sis was looking out kitchen windows and asked me " Jill what is that out there?"
I started taking my coat and gloves back off and told her "we are gonna take care of the chickens LATER!" ;) :lol:One of the many reason I got a Pyrenees. As my dog got older and more I could always tell the lion was around was Bandit would park his butt on the back deck and bark! Only happened around 4 times but dog normally went after most stuff. Lion night he acted like his rear was glued. :lol:

Is that spotted cat a bobcat?

I didn't have a game cam when we we lived in Nebraska but I know we had a resident mountain lion. We spotted him before we ever got a dog exploring the pole barn. We were getting ready on a snowy cold day to go take care of the birdies. Sis was looking out kitchen windows and asked me " Jill what is that out there?"
I started taking my coat and gloves back off and told her "we are gonna take care of the chickens LATER!"
wink.png
:lol:One of the many reason I got a Pyrenees. As my dog got older and more I could always tell the lion was around was Bandit would park his butt on the back deck and bark! Only happened around 4 times but dog normally went after most stuff. Lion night he acted like his rear was glued.
lol.png
That is a young female bobcat.

Back
Top Bottom