Mr. or Miss Timid?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by addiedunn, Oct 14, 2008.

1. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    This the the timid one I spoke of in the previous post. Its feathering looks roo but it doesn't have the same rose comb as the other wyandotts...this one rarely comes out of the coop.
    Male, female? And would it still be a gold-laced with that comb?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I say male, but you say it's a Wyandotte? They are supposed to have rose combs and that guy has a single comb.

3. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    Downtown ROO city! I have a mixed breed banty Roo that looks identical, but with a pea-comb and feather feet.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i vote Roooooostahhhh!

5. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Definately a roo!

6. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Rooster for sure. Wyandottes do occasionally throw single-combed offspring, but he doesn't appear to be golden-laced at all. More like a partridge color....

7. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Quote:You're right...My bad...I was told my others were gold-laced...this one has yet to be identified. Any help with that?

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Its the color of a light brown leghorn and he is very pretty. But he is too fat to be a leghorn. Could he be a Welsummer? I think they are the same color. Possible New Hampshire Red? The color is also called Wild Type and Black Breasted Red. All the same (pretty much ) color.

The females of this color have a goldish head, a salmon breast, and a brownish body----all flecked with little black pieces. Very pretty

I am thinking he may be a New Hampshire Red. If you breed him to your RIR hen you would get nice babies.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Yeah, definitely a roo.

Very pretty [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Um I think Partridge roos are that color too. Like a previouse poster said. He kinda looks like a partridge rock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by