Mrs. Swan has decided to build another nest....

Waiting.....waiting....waiting........I can feel something move in the shells when I hold them....unless I'm imagining it. Hope they hatch soon....can't stand it. My female has pretty much stopped sitting...my male does all the setting now......strange.

Waiting.....waiting....waiting........I can feel something move in the shells when I hold them....unless I'm imagining it. Hope they hatch soon....can't stand it. My female has pretty much stopped sitting...my male does all the setting now......strange.
I'm dying to see pictures of cygnets!! (did I say that right? )

~ Aspen

caf.gif

I'm starting to feel like they didn't make it. This was Mrs. Swans first clutch and the.male is better at it then she....I'm not seeing or feeling much going on....
Oh dear, I certainly hope that isn't the case! Fingers crossed for the little ones! I thought you were incubating them. How many days does it take for a black swan to hatch? Also I would love to see your setup for your swans. I have plans to get a 'couple' soon, and would like some ideas on housing. : )

~ Aspen

I don't really have a set up for them..they just go where they please.....lol. I have five GPs that protect them and everyone else. My handicapped ones have a kiddie pool and a shelter with a small pen since they can't go far. I did pen them off when she built a nest....but that was more for my protection....lol. I have kiddie pools etc for them until we get our pond dug.....

I'm starting to feel like they didn't make it. This was Mrs. Swans first clutch and the.male is better at it then she....I'm not seeing or feeling much going on....
Aww, I know it is not unusual not hatch any with a first clutch, but I have been surprised by fluffy babies actually hatching some seasons. I guess it always comes down to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom