Ms. McPoodles and the feathery flock

Jul 5, 2022
Lexington nc
Yay! I finally get to post pics of the flock!! πŸ¦†πŸ“πŸ”πŸ˜πŸ₯³πŸ€—πŸ˜ŽπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ The chicken is sunflower, I just found out she is a sapphire gem, the khaki Campbell up front is dolly, and the 2 khaki Campbell drakes in the back are merle and george. They are actually half khaki, and half blue swedish, but they look like khakis.

Attachments

• 00011IMG_00011_BURST20230108170347.jpg
    00011IMG_00011_BURST20230108170347.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 13
Our little Cochin banty, (I think) scooter pooter. He is so big and bad, he will try his best to run off the neighbors rooster, which is at least 3 times his size. It worked until a few weeks ago. His poor little comb was all black from dried blood. He's a sweetheart once u catch him and hold him. Until then, he can be a bit of an ass. He reminds me of the ghosts on Nintendo's Mario brothers. How they come at you when you turn your back on them, and when u look at them, they stop. I swear he looks around like what? I ain't messing with you. πŸ˜† And the rir on the box is big red. She was one of the first chickens we got. She is a sweetheart. She jumps in the food bucket while I'm carrying it. πŸ™„. And the little khaki Campbell duck on the box, is soni belle. She is the feistiest thing I've ever seen. I named her that after a dear friend of mine that has been on hospice care for 5 years. She is a fighter, and she never complains at all. She is always happy and trying to make everybody laugh, even though she is dying. So when that little tiny duck attacked a Muscovy that is way bigger than her, I knew she had heart, and a lot of fight in her. πŸ₯°πŸ˜ Gosh I love her. She had a prolapsed cloaca about a year ago. It was bad, I thought she had to be put down. I was bawling. But she didn't act bothered by it, we got it all fixed up, and she is still good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170417.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170417.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 4
Your little rooster looks a LOT like my Cochin Bantam roo, Billy Boy -- who also believes that all the full-sized girls should love him (they don't) and likes to stand outside the pen of the Big Rooster -- Sir Henry the Loud -- and posture bravely. Face to face, I know Billy Boy wouldn't stand a chance.

And, congrats on your little duck's impressive recovery!

The pretty white girl, is peach. She's something else. She's much bigger than the other girls, and she always makes sure she gets fed. The Easter egger on the right is Shirley. She has a bff Laverne, and they r rarely not together. And in the back is Mr. Scovy, my handsomest boy, and the love of his life mo scovy. She is named mo after mo from the 3 stooges bc of her black head. She's a mess, and doesn't take any crap from anybody. And she is so jealous of Mr. Scovy. She is the one that little tiny khaki attacked. πŸ˜ŽπŸ™„ Smdh

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170403.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170403.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230108_170358.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170358.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 2
Your little rooster looks a LOT like my Cochin Bantam roo, Billy Boy -- who also believes that all the full-sized girls should love him (they don't) and likes to stand outside the pen of the Big Rooster -- Sir Henry the Loud -- and posture bravely. Face to face, I know Billy Boy wouldn't stand a chance.

And, congrats on your little duck's impressive recovery!
Thank you. I love their names πŸ˜† sir Henry the loud and billy boy.

Our little Blondie, who is a leghorn. She is definitely flighty, and has a really large floppy comb. That's how she got her name, Blondie. Her comb reminds me of a blonde with a pony tail on top of her head, and it swings back and forth when she talks. πŸ˜†

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170422.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170422.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2023-01-09-18-08-07.png
    Screenshot_2023-01-09-18-08-07.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 3
The white guy in the back, is an Indian runner. His name is Johnny cash. He had a pretty little black runner that was his main squeeze, June Carter, but she disappeared one day. The 2 of them actually belong to the neighbor. πŸ˜‰πŸ€« But johnny was so sad and lonely after June disappeared, I couldn't help it. And he started hanging out with big Doug, the khaki Campbell that is behind him. They r besties now. πŸ₯°

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170433.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170433.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 3
The white guy in the back, is an Indian runner. His name is Johnny cash. He had a pretty little black runner that was his main squeeze, June Carter, but she disappeared one day. The 2 of them actually belong to the neighbor. πŸ˜‰πŸ€« But johnny was so sad and lonely after June disappeared, I couldn't help it. And he started hanging out with big Doug, the khaki Campbell that is behind him. They r besties now. πŸ₯°
P.s. the neighbor, is my fiances son, and he knows I have Johnny cash 😎

Aww this is the blue swedish, Apache. She quacks so loud. We didn't know what breed she was when we got her. Thought she was an Indian runner. πŸ™„ How dumb is that lol. But now I know tons more about ducks, and know πŸ’― she is NOT a runner πŸ˜†. The white chicken is Minnie pearl. I call her pearly whirly. She's sweet, but still hates me like the rest of em. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ What can I do? I love em.

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170444.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170444.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 2
This little lady is Gladys. She is the nosey neighbor. (From bewitched) she has to see what is going on, everywhere, and with everybody. She will tiptoe real quiet and find out all the gossip, and she runs right back to everyone else to share the news.

Attachments

• IMG_20230108_170456.jpg
    IMG_20230108_170456.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom