Mt. Healthy Hatchery

CoopWitch

Chirping
Jun 18, 2022
Hello! I am ordering some chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. I have used them once before and had a great experience. I would love to see pictures of anyone's Barnevelders and Black Austrolorp from Mt. Healthy. I also enjoy friendly chickens so please also let me know what their personalities have been like!

I didn’t get either of those breeds, following to hear how they do for you!
We ended up keeping:
Barred Rock
Cream Legbar
Lavender Orpington
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Easter Egger
Olive Egger
Bielefelder

Out of this group, the Bielefelder, Legbar, & Barred Rock are the friendliest, none are mean to each other. The Wyandotte has no fear and pecked my dog through the fence and made him run away 😂, and the Orpington and Easter Egger were both slightly skiddish when chicks but are not now. The Olive Egger and Barred Rock are both nosy and like to come up to us to see what’s going on. My Olive Egger lays a Marans chocolate brown instead of Olive, but it worked out because my broody hatched 3 BYM eggs and all 3 relay shades of green. Good luck, I’ve ordered from a few different places and was very impressed with Mt Healthy quality of birds & customer service.

I didn’t get either of those breeds, following to hear how they do for you!
We ended up keeping:
Barred Rock
Cream Legbar
Lavender Orpington
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Easter Egger
Olive Egger
Bielefelder

Out of this group, the Bielefelder, Legbar, & Barred Rock are the friendliest, none are mean to each other. The Wyandotte has no fear and pecked my dog through the fence and made him run away 😂, and the Orpington and Easter Egger were both slightly skiddish when chicks but are not now. The Olive Egger and Barred Rock are both nosy and like to come up to us to see what’s going on. My Olive Egger lays a Marans chocolate brown instead of Olive, but it worked out because my broody hatched 3 BYM eggs and all 3 relay shades of green. Good luck, I’ve ordered from a few different places and was very impressed with Mt Healthy quality of birds & customer service.
I have a Bielefelder and two Eggers from them. All very calm, sweet birds. The Bielefelder is very laid back. The Eggers are hilarious. Would you share pics of your Bielefelder and Eggers? This is Marnie, Duckie and Beulah 🥰

Attachments

• 20231228_153330.jpg
    20231228_153330.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20231228_153335.jpg
    20231228_153335.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231228_153710.jpg
    20231228_153710.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 9
I will try to get out there in the next few days! We got pummeled with snow today, so not sure how the lighting will be in the coop and covered run area.

Here's a pic of one of my blue australorps from Mt. Healthy. She's the lightest in color. I ordered 3 blue australorps, 3 blue marans, and 2 cream legbars from Mt. Healthy. All are very healthy birds. I especially love my australorps and marans. They are very calm, sweet and friendly. Beautiful birds
20240128_142358.jpg

Good luck, I’ve ordered from a few different places and was very impressed with Mt Healthy quality of birds & customer service.
I've only ordered chicks once, and it was from Mt. Healthy. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat, for exactly the same reasons.
Would you share pics of your Bielefelder
You didn't ask me, but I can't resist sharing pictures of my Bielefelders. They are calm and friendly. This is Pip.
IMG_E5457.JPG

And Robin.
IMG_5301.JPG

Sunny.
IMG_4826.JPG

And Squeak.
IMG_E5494.JPG

Here's a pic of one of my blue australorps from Mt. Healthy.
I also ordered a Blue Australorp.
This is Button. Well, Button's fluffy butt. She seems to turn around every time I try to take a picture of her.
IMG_E4873.JPG

I have 3 BAs from them, two are MASSIVE I haven't weighed them but I'm guessing 10 pounds, the third is normal sized and goes broody about three times a year and is very hard to break.

Juravenator running around, she's the smaller one who goes broody.
20230515_202145.jpg
Flufferkins is a huge girl, she's even bigger than this photo, she was just starting to lay here, the pale pullet is Juravenator again.
20210823_180905.jpg 20210823_180859.jpg 20210823_180044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom