Mt. Hope

Hi, welcome to BYC!! Glad you joined us!

I've never been to that sale. If you do go and get chickens, make sure you quarantine them for 4 weeks before letting them in with your other birds. Also keep a close eye on them. A lot of the animal sales where I live people bring animals just to get rid of them, so they're sick or unusable.

Hi, welcome to BYC!! Glad you joined us!

I've never been to that sale. If you do go and get chickens, make sure you quarantine them for 4 weeks before letting them in with your other birds. Also keep a close eye on them. A lot of the animal sales where I live people bring animals just to get rid of them, so they're sick or unusable.
Oh wow yea that makes sence good call thank you

What Silkiecuddles wrote, is certainly true. You even find people telling you its a pullet and they know it is a cockerel. They profit on newbies. If you have a problem once you get the birds home, you'll discover the seller folded his tent and disappeared. So no recourse ' Actually I would not even go there. You can bring disease home even if you don't buy anything. The germs could spread to your shoes.

There are better and safer avenues to buy chicks.

PS with avian flu spreading like wildfire, I would be very cautious about buying any chickens. You may want to check If the avian flu has been detected in your area.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow
No, I've never been. But it sounds shady to me. You have to be careful where you get your chickens. Good luck!

I just went there and bought a peahen and two mandarin ducks the male died I don't know why and I love my new peahen she puffed her neck up to my male but they cuddle all the time now, on the alternative sale they sell mostly peafowl and pheasants and boy are they expensive

Back
Top Bottom