Muddy Chicken Runs.

Pics
How high of a risk is it for chickens to get diseases from wild bird feathers? I found a Blue Jay feather in the leaf litter I dumped in the chicken run yesterday.

Do you guys deal with Wild Bird feathers being mixed in, & have your birds ever gotten sick from it?

How high of a risk is it for chickens to get diseases from wild bird feathers? I found a Blue Jay feather in the leaf litter I dumped in the chicken run yesterday.

Do you guys deal with Wild Bird feathers being mixed in, & have your birds ever gotten sick from it?
Low risk, IMO.

Awhile ago, someone asked what Sweet PDZ was, when I suggested it for keeping smells down in coop. It is "a safe-fast acting odor neutralization and moisture absorption for a fresh, healthy chicken coop. ' All natural minerals. I found it on Amazon after googling its use and efficacy.

Awhile ago, someone asked what Sweet PDZ was, when I suggested it for keeping smells down in coop. It is "a safe-fast acting odor neutralization and moisture absorption for a fresh, healthy chicken coop. ' All natural minerals. I found it on Amazon after googling its use and efficacy.
Just one mineral....zeolite.
Absorbs, and I believe neutralizes, ammonia.
But it won't do much for a muddy run.

Back
Top Bottom