Muddy Chicken Runs.

You need to be able to have a place they can dump a huge pile tho.
Best not to put it all in a run at the same time,
especially if the chippings are full of green leaves.
So a place to put pile out of the way.
View attachment 2404549
We have lots of space for woodchips. Just need find a good spot for them.

Depends on who replies. From what I understand it's not a company, simply a service that connects people who need chips to companies that have chips to dump.

In my area, many tree services offer free chips as they're so abundant and it costs the tree company money to have to haul them to landfill. In other areas, that might not be true and they may want a tip or gas fees for driving chips to you.
Hopefully if they do want a tip, or gas money, it's not a whole lot, cause I need alot of my money for chicken supplies, & feed.

If you don’t want a huge amount of wood chips other people that get too much usually post on Craigslist in the free section. You just need a bring a big container.
We'll need a huge amount of wood chips. We can use them in our gardens too.

The chipdrop site says there maybe garbage in the wood chips. Has anyone who requested a pile of wood chips had any garbage in them?

The chipdrop site says there maybe garbage in the wood chips. Has anyone who requested a pile of wood chips had any garbage in them?
I've not gotten chips for chipdrop, but have found stuff(not a lot) in the chips.
We surmised that the guys running chipper may toss their lunch containers in there.

I've not gotten chips for chipdrop, but have found stuff(not a lot) in the chips.
We surmised that the guys running chipper may toss their lunch containers in there.
Why would they do that?
Hopefully there's not a bunch of random junk in the wood chips when I request some. I just need to show my dad the site first.

Back
Top Bottom