multi level brooder (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AHappychick, Jan 10, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I just finished my Chick condo lol. Now that the ducks are in their own separate brooder I cleaned and improved my chick brooder (otherwise known as the basement bathroom) with some scrap wood old tubaware and some used ladders I got from a former bird owner. They seem to like it anyway... I also built a new & much better ladder for my regular coop (I can get so much done when ds is visiting my sister) I was laughing for about a 1/2 hour watching the chickens try to figure out what it was and whether it was friend or foe. Everytime my brave little hens would go over to test it out the roo would spread its wing and shoo them back to the corner. Then he would give the ladder the evil eye [​IMG]

heres the condo in all its glory
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    that is so cute whish i had room to do something like that

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That's nice [​IMG]

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    You just gave me a GREAT idea, My DH will hate it but we have a basement bathroom with a shower stall just like that, we never use it. YAY I can hatch more babies after all. Thanks for the great idea [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by