Multiple (3) eggs with bloody shells today?

It is, indeed! It will be funny if it’s the new girls. Three are supposed to be blue egg laying Ameraucanas from Tractor Supply (they lied because they clearly do not look like true Ameraucanas) and one was in a generic chick bin at Atwood’s, but I was expecting white eggs because I thought she must be a Leghorn. She’s solid white. All of the bloody eggs have been brown. 🫤😂

It is, indeed! It will be funny if it’s the new girls. Three are supposed to be blue egg laying Ameraucanas from Tractor Supply (they lied because they clearly do not look like true Ameraucanas) and one was in a generic chick bin at Atwood’s, but I was expecting white eggs because I thought she must be a Leghorn. She’s solid white. All of the bloody eggs have been brown. 🫤😂
There are a lot of white chickens : white rocks, rhode island white, orphingtons, california whites, wyandotte, australorp and bresse not to mention hybrids ,rare breeds and meat birds.I left out all the chickens that lay tinted or colored eggs

There are a lot of white chickens : white rocks, rhode island white, orphingtons, california whites, wyandotte, australorp and bresse not to mention hybrids ,rare breeds and meat birds.I left out all the chickens that lay tinted or colored eggs

Oh, ok. I didn’t find many on the sites I’ve been checking. That’s good info. Thanks. 😁

If you got them from a Tractor Supply that gets their chicks from Hoovers Hatchery then they are "Americanas", which is their fancy name for Ameraucana/Aracauna hybrids. In other words a fancy name for what is basically an Easter Egger. But they should lay blue eggs

Back
Top Bottom