Multiple Sick Hens, Green/Yellow Poop

We did the first dose of the corid drench for chicken #3 last night and we saw her drinking water tonight! We're cautiously optimistic!
I am cautiously optimistic also. My fingers crossed for your chickie. I started the corid in the water yesterday for the rest of my flock. All seem to be doing well, eating, normal poop, drinking. I just don’t have a clue to what happened to the other three. Two were my oldest at 2 yrs old, and one was nearly two but was always my weakling. Maybe the younger ones are just stronger to fight it. IDK.

Posting an update for anyone who finds this thread in the future! We finished the corid drench on chicken #3 and did corid in the water for the rest of the flock. We also did Safeguard for chicken #3 in case she had gapeworm. We were able to return chickens #2 and #3 to the flock and they have seemed to be doing well since then. Chicken #3 is back to laying regularly, not sure about chicken #2 since there are 3 of her breed in the flock (we now think they're Hy-Line Browns, not Rhode Island Reds). So I believe either the corid worked or things worked out on their own somehow.

I am cautiously optimistic also. My fingers crossed for your chickie. I started the corid in the water yesterday for the rest of my flock. All seem to be doing well, eating, normal poop, drinking. I just don’t have a clue to what happened to the other three. Two were my oldest at 2 yrs old, and one was nearly two but was always my weakling. Maybe the younger ones are just stronger to fight it. IDK.
Posting an update for anyone who finds this thread in the future! We finished the corid drench on chicken #3 and did corid in the water for the rest of the flock. We also did Safeguard for chicken #3 in case she had gapeworm. We were able to return chickens #2 and #3 to the flock and they have seemed to be doing well since then. Chicken #3 is back to laying regularly, not sure about chicken #2 since there are 3 of her breed in the flock (we now think they're Hy-Line Browns, not Rhode Island Reds). So I believe either the corid worked or things worked out on their own somehow.
After my three past (2 hyline brown, 1 Calif Leghorn), I did corid drench on the 3rd hyline that appeared sickly. I also put corid in the water for 5 days just in case for the rest of the flock. All are doing well. It appears that we were going through this thing at the same time. I don’t believe my hyline is laying eggs anymore.

I guess I spoke too soon. Yesterday we realized we had a silkie with a dirty butt and we saw her have some runny white/yellow poop. We cleaned her up today and my husband said her abdomen felt swollen and firm, not normal. He compared to our other silkie. Also our third chicken from before, the buff orpington, seems to have a bit of vent gleet again. Several of our chickens, including the buff orpington and one of the silkies (not sure if it's the sick one) have started laying down randomly out in the yard during the day. We checked their feet, haven't seen anything wrong with them. So it has seemed like something is going on with them for awhile, but no idea what. Also they have all stopped laying for the past week or two except for two of them.
So frustrated and discouraged, just don't know what can be hitting all of them. We're planning to corid the whole flock again, not sure what else to do. We're expecting a baby (human, lol) any moment now, so the effort we can put into treatment is kind of limited right now. We're planning to check the silkie's crop in the morning. My husband didn't like the way it felt tonight but I'm not sure you can really judge anything late in the day.
Any other ideas on what this could be?? :(

I guess I spoke too soon. Yesterday we realized we had a silkie with a dirty butt and we saw her have some runny white/yellow poop. We cleaned her up today and my husband said her abdomen felt swollen and firm, not normal. He compared to our other silkie. Also our third chicken from before, the buff orpington, seems to have a bit of vent gleet again. Several of our chickens, including the buff orpington and one of the silkies (not sure if it's the sick one) have started laying down randomly out in the yard during the day. We checked their feet, haven't seen anything wrong with them. So it has seemed like something is going on with them for awhile, but no idea what. Also they have all stopped laying for the past week or two except for two of them.
So frustrated and discouraged, just don't know what can be hitting all of them. We're planning to corid the whole flock again, not sure what else to do. We're expecting a baby (human, lol) any moment now, so the effort we can put into treatment is kind of limited right now. We're planning to check the silkie's crop in the morning. My husband didn't like the way it felt tonight but I'm not sure you can really judge anything late in the day.
Any other ideas on what this could be?? :(
Oooh noooo……yeah, I would do the corid treatment like you did last time, it’s been awhile since the last time so you must’ve done something right in treatment. I have read to check the crop for first thing in the morning. I am new to the chicken raising so I hope you get more experience replies to your posts.

Back
Top Bottom