multiplying chicks?!

oh hey, its not just you. I thought I had 27 chicks for like two weeks, turns out, I had 25. I moved them out of the brooder one by one and counted them finally.

They all blend together... silly chicks.

cmom, I'm glad your chickens were OK with the coop open like that! I think I'd have a heart attack if I saw my coop door open at night before I could even get down there to count!
th.gif

I'm sure that you are right farmermacdonald123 they probably put a couple of extras in the box when they shipped them, I just somehow didn't notice them for 3 weeks!

Amosunknown, maybe your two lost chicks found their way into my brooder
lau.gif
I hope you weren't too badly disappointed when you realized you were two down from the number you thought you had! I suppose it's just a good excuse for you to buy more chicks
ya.gif
I totally agree that they all seem to blend together which is why I thought I'd do better counting them while I transferred them. I guess I was wrong
lol.png

I did the same thing...counted 14 chicks for 3 days, then moved them to another brooder and...viola! Two more had appeared - I had 16!

My dad bought chicks w/o my mom's permission about 10 and we come home again and look in and their's like 20 my mom was really mad.

LOL Gonzo! Something like this, definitely strange but I highly doubt newsworthy. I've never understood those people who have a bunch of babies and then try to cash in on them. Of course I don't really understand the compulsion to have kids at all. No bio clock on this girl!

We are new to chickens. We got 3 BSL, 3 GSL, 6 RIR, and 2 easter eggers. All was going well. The chicks were almost 2 a weeks old and yesterday morning I went out and there were 6 little white chicks in there. How could this happen?? Can they really breed this young? Where could the 6 white ones have come from?
roll.png
HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom