Mumna hen

Annienz

Chirping
Jan 2, 2023
Ohaupo
I am wondering how to separate mama and her 3 months old chicks, which are both roos boohoo😪 we are not allowed Roosters where we live so my question is how do I take the babies away from her. Just in the last week she has tried to go back to her coup with her sistas but the babies just sit outside they won't go in and they called her and she goes out and then she goes back to their coup with her babies. Mumna looks like she could do with a little bit more food and she's still persists to feed her babies first. Im stuck in a hard place
I don't want to upset her by taking the babies off her because she is still very protective n attentive, she's a great mum.
But i really want to get 2 or 3 more hens to add to my flock of 3 and so the bubba roos gotta go.
I've read a lot about allowing mum to choose the time to separate her babies but im a tad impatient now.
I've done the broody mum and having cute chicks thing, it was an experience and I probably would never do it again because im not guaranteed to get hens.
HELP!!
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom