Murphys Law in action . . .

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenwhisperer, Dec 6, 2010.

1. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    So I have about 20-25 rabbits, some are babies, most are rescues, I paid $$$ for 1 . . .

Guess which one I found dead this morning . . .

[​IMG]

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. chickenwhisperer

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    She was a pedigreed flemish doe, 8 months old only.
    I dunno what happened, she was fine last night when I fed them all.
    She was curled up in her hidebox like she was snuggled in the hay . . .

She was also the only rabbit I actually paid for . . .

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    works that way with chickens and which one the predator takes...stupid things...

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    You have my sympathy. Do you reckon Murphy was a rabbit breeder?

A long, long time ago, I decided that my rabbits put their heads together at night, and ask each other, "how can we drive her crazy today?" The pricey rabbit that pops off before you have a chance to breed it is an o-o-old one. Ranks right along with:

5 bunnies in the litter. Guess which one gets a big chunk bitten out of its ear by the cranky doe in the next cage? The one with show potential, of course!

Chinchilla Jersey Woolies are notorious for having mismatched claws. I had a Chin doe with perfect matching claws. Just before I entered her in a show, I checked one last time, and found out that she had lost a toe (different cranky doe next door!!)

Most Harlequin kits are unshowable, because the markings aren't all there. A lucky breeder gets one or maybe two good ones in a litter. If there is a cool snap, you know which kit will somehow get out of the nestbox, don't you?

The Wooly doe that has the best body in the rabbitry will also be the one that is so set on being a mother, she pulls her fur out every six weeks or so (even though she's never been bred).

6. chickenwhisperer

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    Lol, I think Murphy MUSTA been a rabbit breeder . . .

The part that really sucks, is that I had to wait like 6 months to find that rabbit, I wanted a fawn flemish doe . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by