Murray McMurray Hatchery

the one thing I do like about the hatcheries are the vaccines they offer. I bought a super nice pair of dominiques years ago from a breeder planning to show,, they both got merecs disease and died. who knew that would happen. we did all we could for them. The vet said wild birds can carry it from farm to farm. Certian breeds are susceptible, sebrights are very susceptible too. I see at a lot of the hatcheries offer them vaccinated, I vaccinate my own now right out of the incubator, but a lot of people do not want to do that so its a nice thing. I actually took a class offered through cornell on how to. subcutanous seperating baby fluff with your fingers behind the neck , I have some paralasis in my right hand from severe RA so it isnt easy. But there has been a rash of it in this entire area so I have to.

I've ordered from them many times - always pleased with my order, however I would also like to suggest Meyer Hatchery. I ordered Ameracaunas from McMurray one year, then some through Meyer Hatchery and was exceptionally pleased with Meyers! The Ameracaunas were superior compared to McMurrays. Plus at Meyers, their minimum order is 3 and their prices are lower!

Thanks everybody! I've read up a lot about both Murray McMurray and Meyer and I think buying chicks this spring should be a bit easier now...

Those of you who ordered from MMcM- Do you want to share what your "rare/exotic" breed of chick was? Were the mostly roos?

the prettyest bird i got for the mystery chick was a fully rumpless ameracana roo. but know tuffs. if he had tuffs how perfect would that have been.

I've always been happy with Murray McMurray. I've been getting chicks from them since I was a kid. I won grand champion with my Light Brahma at the fair one year. I know some think they're not the best hatchery for exhibition quality, but for the price and selection, you can't go wrong. They're also great at crediting any birds that are lost during their guarantee phase.

I just emailed them and asked when I can place an order for spring chicks. I have to wait until Dec! Ack!
barnie.gif
I'll have 10 more breeds I will want to order by then! And I want to make sure I get my chicks early, like the first of April
I ordered from a very good hatchery again this year but was very upset when I was made to wait 4 months past the time I was supposed to get them so now I have chicks in a brooder. Not what I wanted at all so I am going with McM next spring.

they are a great hatchery.
thumbsup.gif
I have ordered about 300 chickens from them. My only problem is that you have to order 25 birds. I also had some sick Old English that I got from them but they refunded my money.
jumpy.gif

I am VERY please with the order I recieved from McMurray. I ordered 25 Buff Orps and 5 Partridge Cochin Bantams, all straight run. My rare bird is a black Japanese bantam HEN. She is very cute.

I recieved them around the first of April and they should start laying soon.

Back
Top Bottom