Murray McMurray Hatchery

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
Does anybody have any personal experience that they'd like to share about Murray McMurray? I'm thinking about ordering some chicks from them and would like to know the pros and cons.

They are a good hatchery with nice quality birds, good selection, but I think the min. order is 25 chicks or 20 ducks. I've always liked them.
smile.png

I ordered 25 Barred Rocks and 27 EE's from them for delivery in March of this year. They sent me an extra of each, plus the free "rare breed", that turned out to be a Silver spangled Hamburg. All of the chicks arrived in great condition. I started getting eggs about 3 weeks ago. The chickens are doing great! I plan on ordering from them again.

More specifically I'm thinking about ordering White Orpingtons. I think they are gorgeous birds! They look like clouds.
tongue.png

The 25 chick minimum is the con for me... I don't need that many.

Do they always throw in a rare/special breed?

My experience was very positive with McMurray... If you don't need 25 chicks, try to find someone to share the order with you... I've seen other folks do that in this forum.
cool.png

My rare breed chick was also a Silver Spangled Hamburg... I need to find him some pullets of the same breed! But right now "Leon" is making eyes at the Pearl white LH's and the Brown LH's.

I can't have 25 chickens. I purchased my girls from MyPetChickens. Mim order is 3. I ordered 5 different egg layers. They sent me an extra SLW and a Silkies must have jumped in the shipping box. Anyway, they are beautiful but I don't know what hatchery they came from. They were all vaccinated and they are all hens. Which I ordered.
I like their mim order of 3.

i deal with mcmurry hatchery and ive never had any disapointments. if you dont want 25 egglayers get the rest in the jumbo cornish x rocks. they grow really fast and fat and stock up your freezer thats what i do.

Back
Top Bottom