Murray McMurray hatchery???????

A couple of my Bantam Dark Brahmas that I got last year from MM died and we sent one to UC Davis for an autopsy and the report found that the chicken died of a fungal infection that it had from birth. I noticed that this year they did not have Bantam Dark Brahmas in their catalog.

Perhaps your Cornish had the same fungus?
Perhaps. I disposed of the carcasses, because we didn't want to try making them into a meal, not knowing what happened to them. But the remaining four are doing fine. I'm not getting anymore of these birds... I did have an order for 10 more to be delivered in July, but I canceled the order, along with the 5 GLW I had on the order to meet the minimum. I went and placed an order for the 5 GLW with Meyer Hatchery, to give them a try, and because their minimum order is 3 chicks, since I wanted the GLWs only. I went ahead, too, and placed an order for 25 of their Rainbow Ranger Roasters, which are not Cornish crosses.

I have had pretty good luck with murray. Last year I ordered 25 chicks. First batch only five were alive due to a cold snap during shipping. I called in and they gave me some advice on helping the survivors stay that way and reshipped me an entire new batch which was good to go when they arrived. Should be receiving chicks in the next couple of days from those folks again.

I am new to the chicken world. I bought my first nine chicks from our local feed store and they are doing great. (6 Americaunas and 3 Red Sex Links) My nephew orders all of his chicks from Murray McMurray and I ordered their catalog. Because I want my kids and grandkids to enjoy the simple things in life, I encourage the kids to just sit and watch them. We all enjoy it so much that now we are ordering some crested chicks for fun. I placed my order today and will receive 2 each of the following:; Golden Polish, Silver Polish, White Crested Black Polish, Buff Laced and Crevecoeurs. I hope mine grow up to be as beautiful as the catalog pics.

I am new to the chicken world. I bought my first nine chicks from our local feed store and they are doing great. (6 Americaunas and 3 Red Sex Links) My nephew orders all of his chicks from Murray McMurray and I ordered their catalog. Because I want my kids and grandkids to enjoy the simple things in life, I encourage the kids to just sit and watch them. We all enjoy it so much that now we are ordering some crested chicks for fun. I placed my order today and will receive 2 each of the following:; Golden Polish, Silver Polish, White Crested Black Polish, Buff Laced and Crevecoeurs. I hope mine grow up to be as beautiful as the catalog pics.
welcome-byc.gif

And to the world of chickens! If you ever need anything in regards to questions and answers, don't hesitate to post... you will get answers to them!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
From me too! Would love to hear how your Creves turn out, as I just ordered a bunch from McMurray as well. Come pop in on the Crevecoeur thread and say hi too!

Back
Top Bottom