Murray McMurray hatchery???????

I ordered 100 chicks from McMurray hatchery. They all arrived alive, but I'm not happy with them. I wanted half of them to be black austalorps. At first I thought maybe their coloring would change as they got older, since I didn't have 50 black chicks. Then I checked my order on their website and they had substituted red stars. If they didn't have enough black australorps hatch, I would have appreciated a call and maybe a choice of choosing whether or not I wanted red stars. My friend had a red star and she said it made it impossible to introduce new young chickens because the red star would pick on them too much. The red stars are picking on my Rhode Island reds. I don't plan to order from them again.

On the order form they ask if they can substitute a different breed of chick if they don't have what you ordered. If you say no then they will not send you substitutes. However, if they didn't get enough of the particular breed you ordered then you might have to wait a week or so until they do get what you ordered.

On my order form I agreed to allow them to substitute. MM sent me barred rock instead of the speckled sussex I wanted. That was one substitution out of the 9 breeds I ordered.

I ordered 17 chicks from Mcmurray + the free chick...all 18 are 4 months old now and I got exactly what I ordered. Other than the free chick all are pullets. I just placed another order with them for next year.

I am too afraid to order chicks. I already have two roosters, one of them we caught on the side of the road. He had been living there for two months.

I ordered my four ducklings from Murray McMurray. I read a lot about the tragic orders people had and I don't believe it was the hatchery at fault. A lot is shipping. They ship out the birds at a day old, after that it's up to your postal workers and procedures. If they've had a rough trip, get too hot or too cold, if the post office forgets to call or puts it off (read those stories too :( ) a lot of things can go wrong but I just can't believe it's the hatchery' fault. Now getting different breeds or sexes of birds than what you ordered, lol then sure.

I haven't received the ducklings yet. Will be here tomorrow or Wednesday, figured I should mention that for the sake of fairness.

Honestly they seem like they have a good reputation. Things will happen unfortunately. Mailing day old creatures is risky from the start. Hopefully everyone will have positive outcomes from their orders :)

One thing I did notice while researching them was that people complained about not getting tracking numbers in the past. Is this still true or do they notify when the birds are shipped?

My four Cayuga ducklings arrived in great condition be day after shipping. I would do business with them again definitely. Most all the problems that occur are with the shipping process and post office care. I really like Murray McMurray

I ordered some Whiting True Blues and a few others from Murray McMurray because thats the only place that carries them. Im hoping that I'll have a positive experience as I'm really looking forward to Whiting's creation and have high hopes it turns out to be what Im looking for

For all those who have expressed concern about MM shipping on Friday, I just spoke to a MM rep on the phone, and their policy this year is to ship on Tues, Wed, Thurs so that chicks arrive no later than Sat and do not sit at the PO over the weekend.

I see a decent number of people who are complaining that they didn't get the same breed that they ordered. When you place the order via their website, there's an option that says that you are okay with them substituting a breed if what you ordered is out of stock. If you check "no", then they won't send you a different breed than what you ordered!

he.gif

Back
Top Bottom