Murray McMurray Stock Info ( Domestic Goddes this might help)

You're dreaming if you believe that about Cackle. They may have decent birds, but it is highly doubtful you will get show quality. The issue of the photos on their site has come up before as well and I am almost positive that people have said they asked them point blank and were told, no- the pictures are not of their birds.

I've received some beautiful polish, cochins, frizzles, and a couple others from McMurray. Silkies is the only one of about 10 breeds I ordered that I wasn't impressed with.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you're judging the cackle birds by the show pictures that they have....most all of those pictures are not their birds. I asked them about them......a few pictures were their birds, but they said the rest were not.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with their birds, or that it's 100% impossible to get some nice birds, but if you're expecting to get show quality birds you're more than likely going to be disappointed.

I am so new at this, and would like to raise baby chicks., I have 4 rir hens would thought I would try baby chicks, where is best place to start. I checked this backyard chicken site on breeds, and chose best for our climate, and egg production. SHOULD i also choose what does not go broody, i thought all hens do. Also, where is best place to buy, i only want hens for nowthat produce eggs, really good

I agree. If you have your heart set on getting hatchery birds... Then go cackle. Their birds still aren't SQ. But they are probably the nicest as far as hatcheries go.

I'm lucky enough that my local feed stores buys from them. And they are getting their first batch in tomorrow.
hide.gif
Oh no. Spring is here already? Time for more chicks. I haven't gotten my last chicks out of my room yet from the fall.
tongue2.gif

Here's a picture of part of our order from last year from Murray. The only breed on your list is the australorp, but it'll give you an idea of what mine looked like. They were about 3.5 months old in the pic. We don't show our birds, and we've been happy with them.

Picture%20039.jpg

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I didnt see the OP ask whether they were SHOW QUALITY....

I am Very happy with my Ideal Birds, but havent ordered from McMurray. I wish I could help more.
smile.png

I am leaning towards buying chicks from craigslist or anyone on this forum, instead of hatcheries, what do you think

Back
Top Bottom