Murrieta Backyard Chickens

Liseth

Hatching
Feb 22, 2024
Hello!

My family and I are raising 4 chickens in our backyard in Murrieta, Ca. It’s a track home with no HOAs. We had no issues since August until today. One of our neighbors complained to AFV that our coop smells bad. I’ll be honest it’s been raining so we have not deep cleaned in days however the smell is not horrendous. I use sand and we clean on a regular basis (I think I’m preaching to the choir). My babies were an anniversary gift so I’m trying to figure out what the next step will be. Has anyone else had to deal with the situation before?

Sadly, I think my neighbors are just bitter because we won’t replace our neighboring fence. Just a family raising chickens for eggs to save money for that fence 🤷🏻‍♀️.

:welcome

You say you use sand. Is that in the coop solely, or the run as well? Sand can work well, but only when it stays bone dry. A well maintained and ventilated coop should not have an odor more than a couple to few feet away from it, though when the wind is just right it could be much more. Sweet PDZ may be a solution to coop odor, but if your suspicions are correct, it won't matter what you do - they will continue to scapegoat your flock.

And don't try to fool us - you're not saving money by raising chickens. ;)

Back
Top Bottom