Muscovies - Growth, Winter, etc.

We haven't hit winter yet but had a bout last few days of awful rain, barely above freezing temps and my group we're still splashing in the pools!
tongue.png
so clearly I am more worried about the cold than they are... I have a nice solid duck barn with ventilation and rubber stall mat floors with bedding.. which i will add straw to when we hit Nov.. i will add a heated water bowl but otherwise i'm confident mine will do fine.

As for growth my oldest ones are 5mths and aren't changing in size anymore.. they have been about this sizing for a month...

Last edited:
Thank you, you three! They really are great! My drake is the most awesome iridescent green, the white female has a Marilyn Monroe freckle on her left side and an Elvis sideburn on her right, and my little tan female has a cool ripple look to her coloring! And gracious, you can't beat their personalities - I just hope my drake stays the sweetheart that he is!

And thank you, Sadiew! Although, I don't think I'm going to make it that far! Had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning, and she is clearly ready to be here, already!
lol.png

Quote:
Let us know when hatching starts, and pics we love pics.
smile.png
I have a very nice drake he is 8yrs old and has never been mean to anyone. they have the neatest personalities. I also have a drake thats 4 months old and was a house duck till about 3 weeks ago, now he has some attitude, but I am his mama and can put him in his place.
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Let us know when hatching starts, and pics we love pics.
smile.png
I have a very nice drake he is 8yrs old and has never been mean to anyone. they have the neatest personalities. I also have a drake thats 4 months old and was a house duck till about 3 weeks ago, now he has some attitude, but I am his mama and can put him in his place.
love.gif

SO happy to hear! You just don't know!
big_smile.png
DH is probably close to going insane if he has to hear me whine one more time about "I just don't know what I'll do if he turns into a meanie!"
lol.png

I have 11 muscovies and the first male was given to me...he had attitude, but as he learned that I was his friend and momma
he has come around to be a real sweetie aand now trusts me.....all my muscovies are the best,personally I like them over most
my other 9 ducks ( just don't tell the others please )....I have a pen that my ducks can go into and out of at any time....my muscovies
will visit the younger ducklings there and go on about their business.....during winter, and I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia,
they prefer to stay outside, but i keep straw out for them and the pen door open with the heat lamp going. I rarely see them inside
for too long....... I know you will enjoy them.....we do and they get along well with our guineas, chickens, dogs and peacock!

Congrats on the upcoming birth!!

Back
Top Bottom