Muscovy adult duck with one eye shut

Stuart36

Hatching
Jan 17, 2016
Norfolk
Hello everyone,

I have a 8 month old Muscovy duck (girl) who is keeping one of her eyes closed a lot of the time. She can open it when she wants to for example whenever I go out to check on her but most of the time it is shut.

I only have 6 ducks (which I keep as spoilt pets) and they have 2 small paddling pools in their pen and one outside it to play and wash in which I clean regularly. She has been like this for about 5 days and I have cleaned the pools out everyday and locked the drakes out so she can get preference in the clean water.

Finally I have taken her and put her in our bath in the house in clean warm water a few times and made sure she had a good wash. Whilst she was in the bath I had a look at her eye and it looks fine.

She is eating and exploring with the other ducks and whenever she goes in the clean water she has a good flap and seems to enjoy herself.

Any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.

Thanks, Eggcessive, I agree it sounds like @Stuart36 is doing the right things . . . it is possible there is a tiny bit of something in there, irritating her. I would continue with opportunities to rinse it out, and watch carefully. Any signs of foaming are a warning that infection could be beginning, from anything I have read.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom