Muscovy - Boy or Girl???

Soup is definitely a girl and check out the size of her first egg!!!!!! Oh and did I mention that she has grown into the sweetest of all of our ducks! Thank you all for your help determining that she is a she!!!!

What a pretty girl, and really nice looking egg. Congrats!
Much thanks! Of course now she has decided to go broody and spends all day in her nest of leaves wagging her tail at my hens and making squeaking noises. I keep stealing the eggs but that has not dissuaded her. We have no interest in ducklings, nor do we have a drake around to make it happen so hopefully she will get bored of making new nests and hording our other ducks eggs :/

Can anyone lend me an eye for sexing these babies? Ive looked at feet, legs, they all seem to peep. They're about 3 months, I am guessing.

Thank you.

Hi Crumcakes, I guess that since your query was from last year you've probably already found your answer. I'm guessing the dark one is male, the one with all the white is female, and I can't tell about the chocolate one.

I just want to say thanks to everyone else who's posted in this thread because I found it very helpful today when someone bought a few of our "teenagers". They wanted all females, and we selected some that were quite clearly female. But when they got them home and introduced them to their chickens, one duck started raising her crown feathers and flapping her wings in a most masculine manner, so the buyer was worried it was actually a male. After reading through, I was able to reassure them that lots of females do this aggressive posturing when they're feeling threatened.

Back
Top Bottom