Muscovy Color Help

hmarg06

Songster
5 Years
Nov 8, 2016
Minnesota
I'm wondering if anyone would have any inkling what color one of my hens is. I got her from a really small flock that had several this color born this past summer. I have one picture from the gal I got her from with her siblings I think. I'm wondering if she's a cream, or buff? I don't know much about chocolate dilutions. Sorry about all the yuck, things are a bit messy right now with melting, mud, poop, etc :sick

This picture for color reference against my ripple hen, lilac hen, and chocolate drake, the tail is either my other lilac hens backside, or one of the presumed lavenders:

156245837_225124389293810_4911761480035459256_n.jpg

Color against some of my lilac and what I think are lavender birds:
156176916_296454021815860_1781220333477835666_n.jpg

And I don't think she's in this picture, but her I think, littermates. Birds from her flock at least:
156798252_747675589446849_747125240276697069_n.jpg

The last picture shows well that she's not white since you can see the pied one in there. That's the color she looks right now before she fades for the summer.

I'm wondering if anyone would have any inkling what color one of my hens is. I got her from a really small flock that had several this color born this past summer. I have one picture from the gal I got her from with her siblings I think. I'm wondering if she's a cream, or buff? I don't know much about chocolate dilutions. Sorry about all the yuck, things are a bit messy right now with melting, mud, poop, etc :sick

This picture for color reference against my ripple hen, lilac hen, and chocolate drake, the tail is either my other lilac hens backside, or one of the presumed lavenders:

View attachment 2552167

Color against some of my lilac and what I think are lavender birds:
View attachment 2552170

And I don't think she's in this picture, but her I think, littermates. Birds from her flock at least:
View attachment 2552171

The last picture shows well that she's not white since you can see the pied one in there. That's the color she looks right now before she fades for the summer.
There so pretty the colors! I'm jealous. My muscoveys are jut boring black and white colored.🤗

I could be so wrong, but my understanding of lilac is basically what blue-fawn is in other species: blue + chocolate. The hen I have circled in blue is what I thought lilac looked like, and is what I've been calling lilac in my flock. The blue circle just touches on one that I think is lavender, but since I got from craigslist have no way to know for 100% sure and could be silver. The red circled one is the one I'm questioning and she doesn't have the brownish/blue neck that my birds I've been calling lilac have. I could be so far off though, and maybe there are variations on lilac and mine have all looked the same? Thank you for your help so far!

156423006_430244818082582_8053950923760532028_n.jpg

There so pretty the colors! I'm jealous. My muscoveys are jut boring black and white colored.🤗
I spend more time than I should scouring Craigslist and Facebook haha. I started my flock out with chocolate, blue, lilacs, and buff's I think. I decided I didn't want to go down the black and white path. I always have to be difficult :lau I do have a black now, but if I'm right on the lavender, she's black split to lavender :fl

I think it's a lavender. Very beautiful!!
Thank you! This is where I get confused because to me the other ducks she is by look Lavender to me, and she's looking more of a Lavender/Buff if that even existed. I did initially think she could be Lavender and that's why I went to get her, but once I saw her I decided she probably wasn't, but I still liked her color.

Thank you! This is where I get confused because to me the other ducks she is by look Lavender to me, and she's looking more of a Lavender/Buff if that even existed. I did initially think she could be Lavender and that's why I went to get her, but once I saw her I decided she probably wasn't, but I still liked her color.
I hope I was referring to the correct duck...the one circled in red. So Als quackery descriptions say lilac has various shades, whereas lavender has one shade with no lacing or buff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-171237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-171237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom