Muscovy duck eggs What do I do with them?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by okiechick57, Nov 6, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

If I am getting one egg a day ,Can I save them for anyone who wants to hatch them out? and if I do.......how do I save them until shipping? Is anyone wanting these? how long are they good to keep before shipping?how to keep them? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You can eat them just like chicken eggs. They don't taste different.

3. okiechick57

Quote:thanks Prissy. I do not care for them I find them different.thought bout saving for baking ,but then though maybe someone on here would like to have them for now.... [​IMG]

4. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I would surely love to hatch out some muscovies here at home. You would store them just like you chciken eggs. I would mail them in batches of 6 so that they wouldn't be sitting around to long. Put them in an egg carton big side up and tilt them once a day. Thats what I do anyways. Hope that helps [​IMG]

P.S. why don't you hatch them out? [​IMG]

5. okiechick57

Thanks Kristina......... I do not have an incubator yet.....and I have also put the ones I have in the fridge.......they surely arent good to hatch after that? I will keep the others outside the fridge if anyone is interested.....I will also post on buy sell and trade .thanks all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by