Muscovy duck sex?

kristykay0201

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2021
Hi I'm new here and to ducks! We rescued a baby muscovy duckling right during the freeze (Texas) in February. Any thoughts about sex? We've been referring to her as she but don't actually know if she is...a she 🤷‍♀️ She trills all the time though. Appreciate your thoughts!

Also, she isn't alone I got a friend from TSC as soon as I could!

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_125045.jpg
    IMG_20210414_125045.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210414_125041.jpg
    IMG_20210414_125041.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 18
Shes absolutely adorable! What a sweetheart! Do you have any other muscovy ducks?
No she is our 1st duck! She is absolutely the sweetest đź’• love's to cuddle and nibble on my hubby's beard. She was all alone with us for a few weeks until I was able to find her a friend, so she is pretty attached! We got a Rouen duckling from TSC, but it's only a few weeks old and needs to be able to see her at ALL TIMES or freaks out and doesn't really like to be pet or held.

No she is our 1st duck! She is absolutely the sweetest đź’• love's to cuddle and nibble on my hubby's beard. She was all alone with us for a few weeks until I was able to find her a friend, so she is pretty attached! We got a Rouen duckling from TSC, but it's only a few weeks old and needs to be able to see her at ALL TIMES or freaks out and doesn't really like to be pet or held.
Aww yes, muscovys are just the sweetest! I'm not sure if it is in your plan to add more, but something to keep in mind is Muscovy are a different subspecies if duck, and they speak a different language for mallard derived ducks. Muscovy and Mallard derived ducks can be friends, but it is not the same as having their own species they can talk to. I think ideally it would be best if you ended up adding 1 more female Muscovy, and 1 more female mallard-derived duck.

Aww yes, muscovys are just the sweetest! I'm not sure if it is in your plan to add more, but something to keep in mind is Muscovy are a different subspecies if duck, and they speak a different language for mallard derived ducks. Muscovy and Mallard derived ducks can be friends, but it is not the same as having their own species they can talk to. I think ideally it would be best if you ended up adding 1 more female Muscovy, and 1 more female mallard-derived duck.
I've been looking for another muscovy in my area haven't had much luck yet unfortunately... but that's the plan! I'd like to add 3 more 1 muscovy and either pekin or khakis.

Back
Top Bottom