MUSCOVY DUCK STEPPING ON ROOSTER!!! URGENT

@BeepBeepspaghetti how's your roo this morning?

I have to tell you this story. Muscovy females when broody as you probably already know can be fierce when broody. I have 2 broody right now neither has eggs but that doesn't stop them :rolleyes: Well Dolly the Muscovy hates our main rooster who is king over the barn yard except for the geese they put him in his place ,well this started last year when Dolly had ducklings when she would come out she would go after our roo. He wasn't messing with her ducklings she just picked him out to go after, once the ducklings are on their own she stops. Well this year none of the ducks were allowed to hatch, I know mean ole me but anyway she is after him again, he tries to fight her which is hilarious because she doesn't care she just keeps on chasing him. She has never caught him thank goodness he's 12years old but still fast. But I tell ya watching these birds is more fun than going to the circus.
Yep like @Crazy Maizie says it's never-ending drama.
oof poor rooster 😅 poultry drama really is something ain’t it.

Thankfully he seems to be doing ALOT better, we let them free roam today ,( whit the drake in a separate place) and from what I observed he seems quite back to normal, his vent isn’t bleeding, he’s just a bit red from the feather plucking the duck did :(, he seems scared to get near the place the fight took place, but other than that he’s back to acting mostly normal. Still going to keep an eye on him though.

Hopefully your drake will leave the roo alone now that his hen has more free time.Are you keeping any of the ducklings? Maybe next year will be better with a few more hens to keep him busy.
I sure hope he does leave him alone, the rooster can put up a fight, but he’s no match for the drake.
And yes, I’m keeping all the ducklings, we have more females than males so hopefully it all goes smoothly in the future. 😅

It really is never ending drama 😅. When I first introduced my drake to the rooster everything was calm, no fighting nothing at allcompared to the fights they have now . It was like that for a few months until BOOM. Fighting broke out.

my drake is 1 year and a half old.

Thankfully we’ve been there to stop the fights before they got a lot more gruesome, making sure their separated was hard at first but we made it work. :)

We where eerie at first about the drakes reaction the his children, whe kept the reunion from afar, and when the ducklings where a bit more grown we let them free roam for their first time, the drake mostly just wanted to step on the mom 😅 since he couldn’t when she was broody. He mostly stuck whit mom while eyeing the ducklings in a “ who are u “ manner. Time has passed an all he does is peck at the ducklings when their too close to mom or getting in his way . He’s really small tempered 🙄 but we make sure he doesn’t go as far as he does whit the rooster.
That pecking seems normal. Your drake is still young. He has time to outgrow his ways. Lol.
Can the rooster and drake see each other? That's probably best so that they don't forget either exists.

That pecking seems normal. Your drake is still young. He has time to outgrow his ways. Lol.
Can the rooster and drake see each other? That's probably best so that they don't forget either exists.
Yes they can see each other, normally we let the muscovy’s free roam all day, while the chickens stay in their run,(which is see trough so the rooster and drake can see each other ) then at the afternoon we separate the drake from everyone and let the chickens out for their free roam turn, they normally behave whit the ducklings and mom so that isn’t an issue.

But yes they see each other like all day. Everyday.

Yes they can see each other, normally we let the muscovy’s free roam all day, while the chickens stay in their run,(which is see trough so the rooster and drake can see each other ) then at the afternoon we separate the drake from everyone and let the chickens out for their free roam turn, they normally behave whit the ducklings and mom so that isn’t an issue.

But yes they see each other like all day. Everyday.
That's pretty much what I do!

Back
Top Bottom