Muscovy duckling hatching (pictures)

Quote:
And the sweetest little thing I have ever seen! You said she is lonsome? Put in a stuffed animal. She wont be so lonely then... I tried it, it works....

Quote:
And the sweetest little thing I have ever seen! You said she is lonsome? Put in a stuffed animal. She wont be so lonely then... I tried it, it works....

I have, she has an over sized duckie toy, and a mirror now - lil so-and-so is trying to climb everywhere - definitely arboreal hmm...

Last edited:
Quote:

I have, she has an over sized duckie toy, and a mirror now - lil so-and-so is trying to climb everywhere - definitely arboreal hmm...

gig.gif
lol. Are there anymore ready to hatch?

Quote:

gig.gif
lol. Are there anymore ready to hatch?

Well this is this the thing - I had to open the incubator to get her out and refill the water; that was 2 days ago and there's been nothing with the remaining 4 eggs since

I thought I saw one or two eggs move slightly yesterday but it might have been my eyes playing up... so waht to do? Take them out and pip them (probably not), take them out and candle to look for a beak and/or movement (dangerous...), or leave them (perhaps best even if frustrating...

We had 4 out of 17 Silkie eggs hatch a month ago, which was a little disheartening, but they were under mum and I think she simply wasnt big enough to keep al of them at the right temp/humidity...

Any advice on the eggs remaining??

Quote:

...and I just caught her jabbering at her reflection in the mirror, itso funny watching her...

Let the eggs be. And get better addvice
gig.gif
im horrible at giving advice. But, thats what I would do.

I wish I could have seen her jabber at herself
hmm.png
no fair
lol.png

Quote:
Oh and now she is trying to climb the side of the 'bator.... incredible

They love to cuddle, when I had my muscovy duckling in the house I would wrap a towel around him and hold him and he loved it. and they can climb real good. I was very surprised at what mine could get out of.
lol.png

Quote:
Oh and now she is trying to climb the side of the 'bator.... incredible

They love to cuddle, when I had my muscovy duckling in the house I would wrap a towel around him and hold him and he loved it. and they can climb real good. I was very surprised at what mine could get out of.
lol.png

Yeh she might be 4 days old but her claws are pretty sharp already... and if I could record and then upload video of her I'd have a go..

Quote:
lol.png

Yeh she might be 4 days old but her claws are pretty sharp already... and if I could record and then upload video of her I'd have a go..

okay we'll wait....
wink.png
pop.gif
hurry or she'll be grown. They grow so fast.

Back
Top Bottom