Muscovy ducklings hatching

Texasfarmgirl2910

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2019
Good morning! ...I’m brand new here so I’m not exactly sure how all this works...learning as I go, ha!
I have a mama Muscovy sitting on 7 eggs which have begun hatching (I’ve got one so far) my dilemma is that she made her nest in a planting pot which sits high off the ground. That was great for her incubation period but now I’m worried b/c the ducklings are not going to be able to get in and out of this. What should I do? Is it ok to move her and the ducklings once they’ve all hatched? Any ideas or advice welcomed...thanks y’all!!

Attachments

Miss Lydia

Drakes are Awesome
Premium member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
:welcomeI move my Mama Muscovy an duckling to their own shelter and fenced in area. That keeps duckling from wandering and getting lost from mama and gives mama and duckling time to bond also not all members of the flock will be nice including drakes so it’s always best to er on the side of caution. I keep mine where everyone can see each other but mama and ducklings are safe.

Texasfarmgirl2910

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2019
:welcomeI move my Mama Muscovy an duckling to their own shelter and fenced in area. That keeps duckling from wandering and getting lost from mama and gives mama and duckling time to bond also not all members of the flock will be nice including drakes so it’s always best to er on the side of caution. I keep mine where everyone can see each other but mama and ducklings are safe.
Thanks so much! I’m definitely going to have to move them. She’s super protective though, so should be fun...haha! I’ll “macgyver” something up to keep them safe. Wish me luck...☺

Top Bottom