Muscovy Ducklings!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Doszbvnp, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Doszbvnp

Doszbvnp Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    We just got 6 muscovy ducklings! to add to our craze of birds, but we've had a bad fly problem around, and have heard that muscovy help with flies.... so far the fly tape worked ok, but hopefully these will help too. If not, that's ok, they're still cute!!!

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    This is my first time having Muscovy ducks and I had one hen before she hatched out babies that was on the pond every day after nats, bugs, flies anything that she could catch on there..she was amazing..the will also go through the grass and all like crazy eating things that move...it's amazing..I love them..

3. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Kaufmann's Backyard Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    I have Chocloate Muscovy eggs in my incubator right now and I can't wait til they hatch. I think Muscovies are the cutest ducklings. I think I heard something about them being real good buggers, but most ducks are anyway.

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Your forgetting something... PICTURES!!!

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes, it is the law of the BYC duck forum that if you mention ducklings or anything cute, you must post photos. [​IMG]

6. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Oh man, I am so jealous! The more I read about them, the more I want a little 'scovy duckling. [​IMG]

7. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I have 2 2 week old scovy ducklings. I am amazed at how much of their own food they find. If they were outside all day, I'd hardly have to feed them. And they are already quite the experts at catching bugs. I got mine for fly catching too. And they are the most personable little ducks, too.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by