Muscovy ducks relocation

meme mary carol

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2019
We have young Muscovy ducks. We decided not to clip wings since we live where we have predators. They are becoming a problem. We need to relocate them to pond but they do not like it. We carry them down and they promptly walk back.

Should we move their comfort zone and pen them up for a few days to re orient them?

Any suggestions

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. Sorry I do not know enough about ducks to offer any advice. Please go to the "forums" at top of page, and scroll down to "Duck Forum." The folks there are experienced and should be able to help you.

Thank you oldhenlikesdogs, now I know "something' about Muscovies.
Muscovy come from south America. Caiman, and leopards like to eat them as well as anaconda. Staying on the water is a dangerous thing for a muscovy. They roost in trees, and are more ground dwelling than mallard based ducks. :)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom