Muscovy Egg Taste

BladeDuck

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 10, 2011
I had a couple muscovys for 3-4 months. I wanted to love them because they were quiet but I found their eggs to taste weird. I had Khaki campbells and Golden 300 birds as well as the time and didn't think their eggs were weird. They were already laying when I got them,a bout 19 months old, and pretty overweight (they were dragging on the ground). They had been fed ground corn at their previous place but they did have about 1/2 acre to roam so I wouldn't think the corn would be an issue. I sold them because I could not get over the taste of the egg. They weren't overweight looking anymore when i sold them.

Anyway, does anyone think muscovy eggs have a weird or different taste to them than traditional duck eggs? Is it because they were overweight or???

I have lots of muscovys and lots of Khaki Campbells, But i only eat the Khaki eggs I have only eaten 1 muscovy egg, i hatch those now, and well for the other 60 Khaki eggs i get a day, the ones that dont get hatched out every month( i hatch about 50 ducks a month) they get sold to Asian Markets and food places. Sorry for not a bunch of info on your question, im not a big muscovy egg fan. From what i remember, I did not like the taste of a muscovy egg.

Back
Top Bottom