Muscovy Eggs air cell too small? day 25

Update non of my duck eggs hatched 😭😭😭 they were all fully formed and airsack looked about right at the end. I guess they all died before they hatch😭 well I won’t be attempting Muscovy duck eggs in the incubator again. It wasn’t all bad though my shipped eggs with the crazy looking air sack hatched, I was very surprised. The ones that developed hatched, I threw out two eggs that had development in it. I didn’t see any blood vessels in them like I did the other four so I thought the chicks died, around day 14.
Oh my... I’m so very sorry!!!! :hugs

may i ask why you dont use humidity gage and how do you monitor humidity ?

thank you
Yes you can! An old farmer told me that back in his days that you wouldn’t gage humidity, they didn’t have the gages. So I decided to try it out, I have always had a great hatch rate! Last year I had 72-ish ducklings set to hatch and 50+ hatched. This year I got a late start so they didn’t do as good. I just always fill the tray all the way and that’s it! I have to fill it every 3 days-ish, but I mean, everyone has their opinions and methods on how to hatch!! Just do what works best for you! ;)

Yes you can! An old farmer told me that back in his days that you wouldn’t gage humidity, they didn’t have the gages. So I decided to try it out, I have always had a great hatch rate! Last year I had 72-ish ducklings set to hatch and 50+ hatched. This year I got a late start so they didn’t do as good. I just always fill the tray all the way and that’s it! I have to fill it every 3 days-ish, but I mean, everyone has their opinions and methods on how to hatch!! Just do what works best for you! ;)
do you spray and cool the eggs ? i would imagine that humidity cant be consistent when ducks hatching their own eggs, they get off and eat and bath and such
i have a couple of eggs in the incubator thats possibly muscovy and due to hatch soon. im just reading everything about muscovey

do you spray and cool the eggs ? i would imagine that humidity cant be consistent when ducks hatching their own eggs, they get off and eat and bath and such
i have a couple of eggs in the incubator thats possibly muscovy and due to hatch soon. im just reading everything about muscovey
I don’t stay the eggs usually, but I have seen the farmers do that. I just forget that they Can be sprayed lol

Back
Top Bottom