Muscovy Eggs air cell too small? day 25

Ok it’s day 33 for the duck eggs but air sack is still too small:(( should I bump up the humidity to prepare for hatching or will the chick drawn because air sack is too small?

FFECD3CA-582C-4E28-835B-CDDDD0FA5439.jpeg
E11875AC-CF9D-401C-BCAF-7ED1B8DC515F.jpeg

Humidity have been between around 35% should I bump it up to 70% now to prepare for hatching or leave it to dry hatch?

I think your air cell will be fine. ( your chicken eggs appeared to have extra large cells most likely due to shipping) If you use humidity similar to what you use for chickens, your muscovy hatch should go fine. When I hatched Muskovies the first one hatch on day 35, but the last one hatched day 38. Ducks seem to require even more patients than chickens.

Ok thank you. The humidity have been the same for chicken eggs so far. Should I increase the humidity now? It’s day 33

ok thank you for your response everyone. fingers cross these babies will hatch safly..i'll let you know how it goes in 3-5 days:))

Update non of my duck eggs hatched 😭😭😭 they were all fully formed and airsack looked about right at the end. I guess they all died before they hatch😭 well I won’t be attempting Muscovy duck eggs in the incubator again. It wasn’t all bad though my shipped eggs with the crazy looking air sack hatched, I was very surprised. The ones that developed hatched, I threw out two eggs that had development in it. I didn’t see any blood vessels in them like I did the other four so I thought the chicks died, around day 14.

Back
Top Bottom