Muscovy hatching 10 days early

It's in the bator. Will it be ok? This is so weird, it was just set on the 6th and it pipped this morning. I bumped up the humidity and I know to put plastic wrap on the yolk if it's not absorbed, but is there anything else I should do?

It's in the bator. Will it be ok? This is so weird, it was just set on the 6th and it pipped this morning. I bumped up the humidity and I know to put plastic wrap on the yolk if it's not absorbed, but is there anything else I should do?

That is very strange for Muscovy egg to be hatching this early when it takes 35 days. Hopefully someone who hatches Muscovy will be able to help you, I only use my ducks for hatching. I hope it will be okay.. Pulling for you.
fl.gif

I was looking at the seller's info and noticed they also sell bantam mallard eggs and wondering if there could have been a mix up. Do those breeds have similar eggs? Trying to make sense of this, but don't see how a bantam egg would be that large. I sent them a message to let them know it pipped and still waiting for a reply.

That is very strange for Muscovy egg to be hatching this early when it takes 35 days.  Hopefully someone who hatches Muscovy will be able to help you, I only use my ducks for hatching. I hope it will be okay.. Pulling for you.  :fl

x2

I agree. VERY strange. :confused:

I was looking at the seller's info and noticed they also sell bantam mallard eggs and wondering if there could have been a mix up. Do those breeds have similar eggs? Trying to make sense of this, but don't see how a bantam egg would be that large. I sent them a message to let them know it pipped and still waiting for a reply.

I just saw this post. We have the same idea then. Can you post a pic of the egg?

Back
Top Bottom