Muscovy hatching 10 days early

can you post a pic? thats a bummer if you have to give him up after putting so much time an effort into him..
sad.png
I bet hes a cute though
smile.png

Xerxes is getting his feathers in now and they are looking like Mallard coloring. : (

No. he is not loud yet. He was supposed to be a blue pied Muscovy though. There is NO way a blue pied Muscovy would have brown and black patterned feathers. Am I right?

No. he is not loud yet. He was supposed to be a blue pied Muscovy though. There is NO way a blue pied Muscovy would have brown and black patterned feathers. Am I right?
I wouldn't think so but my drake Muscovy went through so many changes from hatch till fully feathered, When my duckling hatched we thought for sure he was chocolate but look at him now at 9 months old. Avatar.

Here's more pictures of Xerxes feathers, is he a full Mallard or a cross?

And here's Nigella's belly with white and the Mallard pattern. She is a cross, correct?

Neither of these have the red outline around the bill (caruncles) like Lisyla does and she is almost a week younger than them.

Here's more pictures of Xerxes feathers, is he a full Mallard or a cross?

And here's Nigella's belly with white and the Mallard pattern. She is a cross, correct?

Neither of these have the red outline around the bill (caruncles) like Lisyla does and she is almost a week younger than them.

I'd say Nigella is cross I'm not sure about Xerxes. they are both adorable, and mules or muscovy crosses don't usually have carnicles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom