Muscovy help please

Bramill56

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2022
Found 2 month old duckling lying on his back with pale white feet. Brought him in and warmed him up. Feet back to normal color but not eating or drinking, barely walking and frequently falls on his back when he does. He's also only half the size of his hatchmates. Anyone have any thoughts? I really don't want to lose him.

Where are you? Is he a she? By 8 weeks the size differential between male and female muscovy is starting to show.

Was the little one cold when the feet were white?

Falling over is worrisome and could be a niacin deficiency. I would start Durvet high level Vit B Complex, 1ml soaked into a few mealworms or other treat, every day for a week. If there is an improvement, continue until the duckling is back to normal but also add brewer's yeast, or better still nutritional yeast, to the feed. 1 tablespoon per cup of pellets or crumbles. Continue the brewer's or nutritional yeast until fully grown-'- age 5 months

Live in Michigan so nights are getting chilly but not below 50 yet. I think she is female but that's just a guess due to size. Did get her to eat a little tonight. Will keep her in tonight and reassess in morning. Will also supplement feed . Thanks for your advice it is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom