Muscovy Hen not walking.........Good Update

Just making a guess here . . . do you suppose she might have a yeast infection? In that case, something like Monistat might help. But I am simply brainstorming right now. . . . Could you upload a photo?

Is there a peculiar odor to her poop?

My girl did this a couple weeks ago. I would just pick her up and put her in her pool 3x a day and after a couple days she was walking on it again.

It kinda looks like boiled egg yolk...........she is walking a little better today though, not alot but a little. We feed her flock raiser and a type of vitamin that we got at the feed store. I do not have it by me right now and I can't remember the name. We also give her some table scraps like veggies but not on a regular basis. She doesn't seem to have any bulges or anything, I felt her underneath well today and didn't notice anything.
Glad to hear she is walking some better, don't let her over due, time is on your side. The yellow poop could have been something she ate. I have a bantam chicken that has yeast and she has a whitish discharge coming from her vent, have you noticed anything like that? do you use ACV in your ducks drinking water? it's a very good tonic. and when i posted about my hen a person posted that their vet said 2 tab. of ACV to 1 gallon of water will clear up yest over time. I usually use 1 tab. to 1 gallon.

Would a yeast infection cause her not to walk or is this two separate issues? There is no odd odor.....smells like duck poo
sickbyc.gif

I get mine at the grocery store.

There may be other brands, but I have found Bragg's.
Braggs is the best and cheaper through Vita Cost here anyway, I think you would know if she had a yeast infection its very obvious on my little bantam her vent is white and yucky[but getting better]
smile.png
but I use the ACV as a tonic for my ducks at 1 Tab. per 1 gallon then to treat this little hen it's 2 to 3 tab per gallon, actually her vet said put in as much as they will let you when they stop drinking then you know you have put too much but I would rather not do that and just treat it the way I am. I don't think yeast would cause her not to be able to walk though never heard of that.I have also used Vita Costs brand of ACV I like it too. I think your drakes just got too overly loving on your duck and she just needs time to mend. Just keep her away from them, it's going to take time and since your already seeing some improvement thats a great sign. Keep with the updates!

UPDATE: she is up and walking alot more today. Can ducks get constipated? Her poop was hard this morning when I let her out and it still had that yellowish stuff in it.

I think they can have difficulties that way. Plenty of fresh water, probiotics and fiber should help. I think you are already providing a decent diet, if I recall.

Just something seems to me like she has a yeast infection, or perhaps bacterial infection internally. This is just a feeling, but I wanted to share it. If you are not giving her probiotics at this point, I would start giving them.

Back
Top Bottom