Muscovy hen pushing eggs out of nest

Yes, verified by candling. What do I do about the humidity since my chicken eggs and duck eggs are at different stages of development and have different requirements? ‍♀️♀️

You'll have to increase it, so that the ducklings can hatch. You can lower the humidity again once they're done to try to get the chicken eggs to catch up on moisture loss if they fall behind. But they should be okay; humidity is more important as an average across the entire incubation period, and a few days of higher humidity shouldn't hurt the other eggs.

You'll have to increase it, so that the ducklings can hatch. You can lower the humidity again once they're done to try to get the chicken eggs to catch up on moisture loss if they fall behind. But they should be okay; humidity is more important as an average across the entire incubation period, and a few days of higher humidity shouldn't hurt the other eggs.
Since chicks are used to low humidity and I usually increase ducks to 70% for hatch, what do u suggest? Turning is obviously done with now too. That Muscovy is lucky I love her and she’s pretty. She’s been a real pain in my you know what this past week!

Since chicks are used to low humidity and I usually increase ducks to 70% for hatch, what do u suggest? Turning is obviously done with now too. That Muscovy is lucky I love her and she’s pretty. She’s been a real pain in my you know what this past week!

Go up to 65-70% for the hatch. As long as your chicken eggs were on track for proper air cell growth, it should be okay and they shouldn't be harmed. You can lower it back down once the ducklings are done hatching.

First time broody Muscovy has been sitting on eggs for close to a month now and suddenly pushed out 2 eggs from the nest this morning. Those eggs had live ducks in them so I popped them in my incubator. Went out tonight and she had pushed out another. Egg was cold and I thought duckling was dead, but still alive so added to my incubator. Why is she suddenly pushing eggs out when she’s been so good about sitting? Do I take the other 3 from her and put in incubator?
I am experiencing the same issue with two new muscovy moms. They are broody, sitting on their nests but some eggs are getting pushed out and others are getting cold. I candled them and they are fertilized with red veins and a small embryo. I do not have an incubator. Any suggestions? Can I place the eggs under a broody chicken?

At least your broody are sitting on eggs... two of my crazies have been sitting on an empty nest for two weeks now and no matter how much I mess up the box, they go right back in and sit down. Oh and attack my beautiful black/blue/green, coco because she made the mistake of going into the coop to investigate.

Speedy is the only one laying and she seems to like playing snatch the egg... I move it from under her and put it off to the side and she rolls it right back under her and then I take it again and move it and she just moves it back again. I'm not worried about them hatching - mocha only seems to like sodapop lately.

Back
Top Bottom