Muscovy hens

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!
smile.png

My Ducks have taken over my life. The commitment is too great...I cannot go ANYWHERE. BIG mistake to have them as pets for five years now...I thought they lived for 5 years but reading....they can live for 15. I am marooned with them. I love them dearly but have sacrificed my few remaining years for them...BUT they are my service animals unofficially...

Oh yes sometimes we get in too deep, and our hobbies overwhelm us. Has always happened to me. Would it be possible to rehome the flock? Then take a hiatus from poultry and decide if you should follow a different path with another type of animal or none at all.
hugs.gif

I wish I could... but the Ducks are the only friends and family I have. For me the loss of a Dog or Cat would be too great...Ducks are very social and hence very entertaining...

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

You should be able to go away from time to time. You may have to hire a ducksitter to make sure they have food and water or put an automatic feeder and waterer in place.

Back
Top Bottom