Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I took indie, my male with the broken wing who is one of my big baby boys who likes for me to hold him. He has a crop infection and a trachea something, that he is as an after affect from a virus that usually is just like a cold to us and goes away within a few days or weeks but his led to infection and i almost cried in the doctors officer cause when it was really cold he had beginning symptoms and I didn't take him because I thought it was just the cold air
sad.png
he's on a nebulizer medicine and a liquid so yeah... I just want him to get better

Last edited:
I took indie, my male with the broken wing who is one of my big baby boys who likes for me to hold him, but I've had him longest. He has a crop infection and a trachea something, that he is as an after affect from a virus that usually is just like a cold to us and goes away within a few days or weeks but his led to infection and i almost cried in the doctors officer cause when it was really cold he had beginning symptoms and I didn't take him because I thought it was just the cold air
sad.png
he's on a nebulizer medicine and a liquid so yeah... I just want him to get better
I hope he does too Buck , he's is in good hands.

Well said
clap.gif
awesome ok my feed store doesn't sell that but I will use the ACV and instead of Nutri Drench im gonna use my Vitamin/Electrolyte powder just cuz I didn't use it this fall when I meant too.In the fall right before everyone starts molting I try to give yogurt every other day for about a week with some oats as well to get everyone's immune systems up before they start the molt when they get weaker due to the fact it takes so much energy and this year I got the vitamin powder to put in the water well the stupid bag had the weirdest dosage and I was so busy at the time I never gave it to them so because of it one of my BO hen's got IB which they can get from mud and it was raining a lot so Normally they are already set for their molt and bad weather but because I hadn't given a probiotic that hen got too sick and was culled.As simple as that because oats has a high protein level it helps produce feathers and the yogurt is a probiotic(this is why you should eat yogurt daily)it has a type of good bacteria that is in our stomachs that aids our immune system and chickens stomachs are much similar to ours in the way bacteria in stuff works sorry if that was confusing it's just some cool facts I learned when dealing with sicknesses.
My chickens love yogurt but my ducks and geese will not touch it, I do have probiotic powder for birds that I use though. and I also have the vitamin electrolyte powder it's good to use also. I'm sorry you lost your hen I also had to cull a BA hen back in Jan. we determined it was her heart poor thing tried so hard. It's heartbreaking when we can't help them through it. I drink Kefir daily.

My chickens love yogurt but my ducks and geese will not touch it, I do have probiotic powder for birds that I use though. and I also have the vitamin electrolyte powder it's good to use also. I'm sorry you lost your hen I also had to cull a BA hen back in Jan. we determined it was her heart poor thing tried so hard. It's heartbreaking when we can't help them through it. I drink Kefir daily.

I am sorry yes it really is terrible when you can't do anything she was on tetracycline for a long while too but it just was too strong her immune system wasn't strong enough.I try and eat yogurt daily.

My drake was following me around and flapping his wings when I had my back turned, which he only does when his ladys are getting ready to start laying! Hopefully I will be getting some duck eggs soon!
big_smile.png

Could you mix the Yogurt or Kefir with some thing they like to eat, like feed, meal worms, etc?
Kefir is great stuff, by the way!

My drake was following me around and flapping his wings when I had my back turned, which he only does when his ladys are getting ready to start laying! Hopefully I will be getting some duck eggs soon!
big_smile.png
Your not too far from me so maybe that means I'll be getting some soon too although it will most likely be march I have had to separate my drakes from my ducks at night though, oh them boys just can't behave, no mating just being pests.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of adding some Spirulina to my flocks feed I ferment so I'd add when making it up, has anyone used Spirulina with their flock? I'm thinking especially in winter when there isn't anything green to eat this might help supplement their diet.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/784385/spirulina-do-you-feed-it-to-your-chickens
I've put spirulina in kefir shakes before, but never given it to my flock. It would be a great supplement for them though. Have you used dried kelp in their feed? That's what I use as a supplement for my birds.

Back
Top Bottom