Muscovy keepers share your pics!

The momma chicken starte squakin up a storm and when Aunt Pat came out the chicken was going crazy circling a puddle that the duckling had found to play in.

lau.gif

Poor broody chook, probably thought it's baby was going to drown!
gig.gif

That's why you don't let ducks brood chooks. Ducks would take the peeps to the water and wonder why they couldn't swim.
barnie.gif

laralou - I hope you continue to post pic's of your chocolate ripple ducklings. I'd love to see them feather out.​

yea they are really getting used to my mallard and other chickens right now i dug them a pond and they would rather be social with the chickens
hmm.png
i know they like em. And i like the Muscovy s do you know when they will be fully feathered.

Here's a few pics of my First ever Muscovies that i got from ohiofarmgirl today! I love them! They are so cute! My 2 mallards (a boy and a girl) are scared to death of them and they keep their distance from them.

THe Duck brigade! Mallards in front Muscovies in the back.
3685240416_5ff99d39e6_m.jpg
love.gif

Here's a pic of my girl Ellie with her cute little spotted chest
3684429751_0bc894ee2c_m.jpg
love.gif

Here's a pic of my boy Ronaldo (pronounced Ruh-nall-doe), I know weird name but i've always wanted a duck named Ronaldo.
3684429823_92a0375cbc_m.jpg
love.gif

Here's some pics of the two together!
3685240604_53851877c4_m.jpg
love.gif

3684429943_279e365a87_m.jpg
love.gif

3684429975_91cefe225f_m.jpg
love.gif

Sorry for so many pics i just think they're so adorable!

And they just keep on growing.
smile.png

Enjoying their new Snapset 6'X18" pool. It took them a week before they figured out how to get up & down into the pool & trust this new fangled contraption.
lau.gif

P1020085.jpg

P1020128.jpg

P1020121.jpg

I'm hoping to keep this girl.
wink.png

P1020104.jpg

big_smile.png

P1020098.jpg

This young'un is from a clutch 3 wks younger . She may be a white head after a molt or two like her mom.
P1020108.jpg

Young draklet fm same clutch as ducklet. If these blues have a few white feathers on their heads or neck they will probably molt out with white heads. You can see just a hint of possible white near his eye. A few more weeks should help me tell.
P1020124.jpg

Keeper!

You get "favorite person in the world" for starting this thread. Such lovely birds. Oh those barred babies. Neat what you say about the Canizies (White Heads)

In fact thank you all for your pics!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeper - Their claws dont wreck that pool? I wanted to get one of those for my ducks - it would be easier to clean and drain, but i thought their claws would rip through it.

No, their claws don't seem to be a problem at this time. The pool has only been in use for about two weeks so we'll see how long it lasts. It's in the shade so the sun doesn't have a chance to ruin it. The Scovies DO like to bite on the edges and they have found out that the sides fold down for them so a few are now jumping both out and into it.
lau.gif
They get soooo excited! So far they haven't pushed it down far and long enough for too much water to escape. It's great for the bigger, older Scovies and you can always use a small kiddie pool for the babies. Large, easy to drain, water stays clean longer, good $ price. I would recommend it if you don't have a pond.

You get "favorite person in the world" for starting this thread. Such lovely birds. Oh those barred babies. Neat what you say about the Canizies (White Heads)

Thank you John. I'm still hoping others will post
pictures of their Scovies. How about you? Any pic's of your new Scovies? We are all waiting to see them. Hint, HINT!
big_smile.png

I was able to get some more nice shots yesterday. One pic. you can really see the white starting up on one of the young'ns. I hope to post a few more pic's later today or tomorrow.

Let's see your fabulous Scovies people. PLeeeessssse!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom