Muscovy keepers share your pics!

OMG - I cannot believe how beautiful those babys are! All from a black daddy? Wow, I'd love to have that set. Amazing the different colors of black and white and even some chocolate.

Thanks! But, no chocolates. That coloring was the lighting as the sun was going down. Just beautiful! The light was glancing off the water and lighting up her tail feathers in one shot. I have blues, blacks, blue pied and black pied. My pretty girl is the closest to duclair pied. A ton of barred juvies both blue & black. Very irridescent feathering. I would like to get a chocolate or chocolate ripple one day.

A few babies. 2 buff, 2 lilac, 1 chocolate. I cant wait for them to feather out!!

1648_img_1599.jpg

Wow your babies are beautiful, nikevijo, they have very unique coloring. I can't wait to see them all feathered out!!

Here are my four. They are 9 weeks old.

This is RC my drake.
scoviedrakeRC.jpg

This is Pearl
scovieduckPearl.jpg

one of my un-named ducklets
scovieduck.jpg

My other un-named ducklet
scovieduck2.jpg

The two in front are RC and Pearl. RC make his girls look small in comparison.
muscovys3.jpg

scovieflock.jpg

muscovys.jpg

Its amazing how quikly they grow, and how large they are for being so young.

Any ideas on names for the two who dont have names yet?

cheryl, I'd be interested to know if your un-named Scovies whiten up as they grow older. My Charlotte had white touches by her eyes when she was younger and now her face has whitened considerably. I am thinking she has the white head gene. She also has more barring showing up. See my post w/pic's asking about the white head gene earlier today, if interested.

nikevijo, your babies are just beautiful!

Quote:
That is interesting, I will have to watch and see how she turns out. I have no idea as to what her parents looked like. I bought them from a local breeder, when the swine flu scare was fresh. The breeder wouldnt allow anyone on her property, "understandibly though."

I did read your earlier post about the white head gene. It is very interesting. Im wondering about something, Pearl has just recently started to get black feathers on the back of her head. Do you think she might get more color as she grows, or after her first molt?

Quote:
I do have to agree. lol And she is really starting to be alot more social with people, at first she was always the first to hightail and run. lol But now she is right there with the other three begging for treats.

Back
Top Bottom