Muscovy keepers share your pics!

I found my broody on her feet above the eggs - not sitting and covering them. does she do it because it is too hot or she is not hatching any? she did it at daytime only, mornings and evenings she was sitting and covering eggs.

Mine did the same thing and hatched all of them. I wouldn't worry unless they are overdue to hatch. Scovy moms are way better at hatching than us.

so pretty! I'm loving the black one
smile.png

I just went outside and found my beautiful girl dead. She was laying on her side with her neck at an odd angle. Her feet are stretched out behind her. I'm almost certain it was botulism, there were some old watermelons I had thrown behind the fence but she'd never gotten into them before. I am heart broken and I really don't know what to do next. She had no symptoms other than being a little lazier than usual, but I thought it was from the heat. Can botulism take them that quickly? She was fine this morning and now she's gone. Rest easy my beautiful Quacks.

I am so very sorry, hun. I know how bad it feels to not know why they died.

sorry, i try to keep all my babies, this year is the first year i gave babies away and they were to a close friend who i can go visit them whenever. Sorry :( my ducks are my babies :) and I'm their daddy/mama duck lol 

That's okay! I'm the same way with my babies. One time I had four different flocks because I had bought four chicks that all turned out to be roosters and I couldn't get rid of them lol

Back
Top Bottom