Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Quote:
Well.. Color is kinda improtant... Which thread? You should correct them.

I think someone else already did. Yes, color is important. But more important is that an "ugly" duck won the show. We took a presold Chocolate Pied young duck for a 16 year old from Michigan. Brought home a pre-bought Chocolate young duck from Saladin. Waited since last fall for this one. She is very nice. The boys got into a fight over her. We have an old drake and his son from last summer. Pappa won AGAIN! Last night the old drake was resting under a tree and the young drake was "courting" her. We won Grand Champion Waterfowl with the old drake last fall. We had limited space at Crossroads so left the ducks home. One of Danny's Black drakes beat us at Pine Bluff, Arkansas this fall. Judge marked mine BB, then changed his mind and scratched it out. Got RB. Jacob bates was showing the Black. Hard to beat a good black.

Just started showing and breeding Exhibition Muscovy Ducks last spring. Have raised them since childhood. Still learning about colors and what colors come from what crosses. Would be nice if someone could draw up a chart for BYC. For instance: The Chocolate Pied hen I sold will be mated to a Silver drake he bought from Saladin. What colors will he expect? We have gotten a Silver from a Chocolate X Chocolate mating.

I breed all 4 Colors of Muscovys... It would be VERY hard for any of my other colors to beat the Blacks. I have worked on them for quite awhile... For a Blue to win something like that would be VERY hard.

Truthfully I dont know. I dont get into those kinds of colors.. But Your chocolates must have been crossed with Blues or Silvers or something because I have bred chocolate to chocolate for 3 years and ALWAYS get all Chocolates.

Ryan

We no longer have the hen that produced the silver. seems both would have to carry silver to get a silver. We have considered adding Black. A friend has Black and gets a few Chocolate. Maybe we will get a few Blacks this next year.

I'm going to take some pics of my muscovies when my dd gets home from school today with the camera and hope that you all can help me figure out what color the muscovies I have are....I only have three and they are all different colors each.One is a cream color,one is pied(?)black and white and the other is a smokey grey(blue?).I just love them they are so quite and very curious...and they love their treats!!!

Last edited:
iajewel:

Interesting birds you have there
cool.png

Edit: Put som notifications in other threads.

Last edited:
Due to the fact this color is not Sepia, but "Blood marked" Like a blood mark on horses, for lack of a better label at this time. It is thought these birds are not sepia, but a mutation that I have yet to prove. It seems it is however a new mutation. ''
If you take note the carcuncling is not Khaki color, it is normal color. This alone would discount the birds as Sepia, however sepia was my first thought when I saw it as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom