Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Great News GW, love happy stories...
thumbsup.gif

I was just given a pair of muscovy ducks and the male is suppose to be the white one and the female is suppose to be the one with the white head and blue black body. They are suppose to be a year and a half old and I was wondering why they haven't laid an egg since I have had them. I will have had them for 3 weeks on the 24 of December and I am not sure if i need to worry. They are eating and drinking and they are clean now, they didn't have water other then little drinking bowls where they came from and I gave them a bowl that is big enough for one duck and they fight over it but it is cold out so i don't want to give them a big pool. But they are cleaned up now. What am I doing wrong. I would love for them to have babies so we can have a few more Muscovy's the female is cute. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1573879846619.62888.1824261821&type=3&theater

Quote:
The reason the hen isnt laying is becuz scovies are seasonal layers
wink.png

DG
smile.png

Oh okay sorry I have never had them or been around them and it was either take the ducks or the geese and geese are mean and I have 2 small kids and they may have gotten hurt from the geese. This way the ducks won't hurt the kids.

Quote:
The reason the hen isnt laying is becuz scovies are seasonal layers
wink.png

DG
smile.png

Oh okay sorry I have never had them or been around them and it was either take the ducks or the geese and geese are mean and I have 2 small kids and they may have gotten hurt from the geese. This way the ducks won't hurt the kids.

Its no problem
smile.png

Have fun with em

DG
smile.png

i've bred one like her before with a bronze head and a blue body, so theoretically she was bronze and blue at the same time equalling fume colour. not much is know about these rarer colours and the different variations they produce when the two genes react together.

this is a young fume drake at 13 weeks.

sfumneboy13weeks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom